Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » Lovely Visit From My Close Friend

Lovely Visit From My Close Friend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

My close friend, Frances, came over a short while ago with a card and present. This is because I turn 40 years old on Saturday. Frances is lovely. I also like her parents: they are really nice. I have texted Frances and given my thanks. It is muchly appreciated. I shall telephone Frances this evening and talk properly.

Such a sweet gesture. AND the fact my present and card were given to me, rather than sent through the post. It goes to show the importance of old-fashioned values.

I feel really happy now. Also because it shows Frances and her parents are there for me. I will always be Frances’ and her parents friend. And I have kept this friendship going since 1994. Such a long time. I don’t always telephone Frances but I do so fairly often: I don’t want to lose that connection. And I do not abandon my friends. This includes Vicky. Although that is for the other thread [Vicky: Her Tradgedy].

Have your friends gone above and beyond for you guys? I’d love to hear your own Happy Birthday stories.

Congratulations  for your birthday. What a lovely thing for your friend to do.

Happy Birthday Kitty! xxx

I had a birthday recently.  It was also the first day of my 14-day quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure (long story)…today’s my last.   A long-time co-worker had medical appointments in town that day (he lives in nearby Woodland Park).  He and his wife had bought some butter cookies from Boonzaaijer’s Dutch Bakery and left them at my doorstep.  That door dash was a wonderful surprise which cheered me up immensely.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by TestDummyCO.

Thank you!

I had a wonderful birthday. I was given beautiful jewellery [I am mad about jewellery]. I was also given some money and a LED light to help with SAD. I also received delicious mini chocolates… I went into town with my sister and as we went into our regular shop all the staff sang “Happy Birthday”. The shop owner gave me a pair of earrings, too! I was blown away by all the effort everyone made for me.My sister even paid for £300 worth of clothes in one shop.

I now love being 40 years old. Also because I have no reason to run away. I have no reason to feel as scared as I did. I feel I’ve reached a milestone in my life. I know I’m not on my deathbed yet but I have a lot in my life to look forward to.

Again, thank you all for your birthday wishes!

[quote quote=220948]Thank you!

I had a wonderful birthday. I was given beautiful jewellery . I was also given some money and a LED light to help with SAD. I also received delicious mini chocolates… I went into town with my sister and as we went into our regular shop all the staff sang “Happy Birthday”. The shop owner gave me a pair of earrings, too! I was blown away by all the effort everyone made for me.My sister even paid for £300 worth of clothes in one shop.

I now love being 40 years old. Also because I have no reason to run away. I have no reason to feel as scared as I did. I feel I’ve reached a milestone in my life. I know I’m not on my deathbed yet but I have a lot in my life to look forward to.

Again, thank you all for your birthday wishes!

[/quote]

Im glad that you have had  a good birthday..

I got so sick of all the negative nellies forecasting doom and gloom as I approached my 40th that I decided to do something outragous so I went and got a tattoo ..

Really 40 is just a number.. its how you feel inside that matters

My answer to the age-old question, “If you could go back to a particular time in your life, what would it be.”  I say that I’d go back to 2006, when I was 40 for most of the year.

Have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty – a Happy 40th Birthday also.

Thank you, Rachel! I promise I will read your message. Do enjoy your day, too!

Look forward to hearing back from you! Hope you had a good Birthday.

Thank you. I had a great birthday, Rachel! I received loads of cool presents and just enjoyed my day. 40 years old is a milestone. I am not over the hill yet, but it IS wonderful to let go of some of my fear. I’ll never be completely fearless, but I do stick with things I start.

I am sorry I have not responded to you, Rachel, but I will within the week.

Take care!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!