Lucky Lottery Winner of $39 million

Female Forum Forums General Discussion In the News Lucky Lottery Winner of $39 million

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TestDummyCO 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

The danger in a debit card online Kitty is that, if hacked, the balance can be available to the criminals. With a credit card there is an upper limit so it can only be accessed in smaller bits. There are more guarentees with a credit card too. A sensible way is to have a credit card with accompanying current account so that any payment from the credit card can be paid when due from the current account so, in practice, the service is not costing anything (except for lack of interest). This does require being firm on purchases etc but means that your major fund source would be inaccessible to scammers or online fraud. The current account for the card can then be topped up from your main account so that all major fund transfer is internal or bank to bank. Somewhat more complex but, I think, safer.

It would be worth you talking to your bank about this.

@spinningjen my credit card is exactly as you mentioned. The added bonus of a credit card is the  buyer protection it offers often paying by debit is akin to paying cash and there is no back up should the purchase fail to arrive or be damaged. With a credit card there is an insurence.

But I am very strict about how and when I use mine and that bill is paid off on the 25th of each month prompt.

1 member liked this post:

I don’t have to keep up with the Joneses – I am one. Ha ha ha! 😀

I think one of the hardest lessons is to prioritise your spending and learn to wait. Do I need to buy it now? Could I use a wishlist to save the idea of what I want for a later date? (Maybe even a reward now and then for good spending.) I keep wanting to have less of many items, but books are definitely a weak spot. Probably music and movies as well, though not to the same extent. (Loooove books! 😀 )

1 member liked this post:

You and me are cut from the same cloth, rebeccajpand: I love books myself. I read and read and read. I could read books forever. In fact, I love books so much, I write them myself. I have a new poetry book called “Child Of The Universe” published my Lulu.com. I read my copy yesterday: the poems really stand out. I also have other books published on Lulu.com. One of them is a book of erotic poetry called “My Heart’s Desire”. I am pleased with it.

I am sorry to plug my work: I know this site doesn’t allow spam. But – if you’re interested – you could purchase a few of my books from Lulu.com. Again, I know spam isn’t allowed, but I felt this post worth posting.

The danger in a debit card online Kitty is that, if hacked, the balance can be available to the criminals. With a credit card there is an upper limit so it can only be accessed in smaller bits. There are more guarentees with a credit card too.

@spinningjen my credit card is exactly as you mentioned. The added bonus of a credit card is the buyer protection it offers often paying by debit is akin to paying cash and there is no back up should the purchase fail to arrive or be damaged. With a credit card there is an insurence.
    But I am very strict about how and when I use mine and that bill is paid off on the 25th of each month prompt.

I was going to mention these two points earlier, but was unsure about the norms in the UK.  It’s the same in the US, where debit is tied to your checking account, and liability is limited on credit cards.  I also have a couple things to add:

1. When using a debit card, the purchase/reservation immediately on hold in your account, and it takes a while to process refunds…not much longer than a credit card, but having those funds available is important.  I don’t keep much in a checking account (earns very little interest, if any) and use it to autopay my bills.
    2. I have two credit cards, one of which I use almost exclusively…for. every. little. thing, as it pays cash back.  I don’t use it for things I wouldn’t normally purchase (or don’t have the money for), and I pay the balance every month (thus increasing my cash back bonus).  I earned over $880 last year for everyday (and not-so-everyday) purchases.  The other card is a backup in case my primary one doesn’t work for whatever reason.
    2 users liked this post:
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!