Magazine Diets Out Soon

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet Magazine Diets Out Soon

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

What are YOUR opinions on magazine diets? Do they work? Are they too difficult to follow? Do you ignore them? Do you use them?

I don’t tend to diet at any time of the year. But magazine diets are popular, I suppose. I don’t follow them myself, however. I think long term nutrition is better than a short-term diet: because the weight just comes back on. Health should be the goal, too.

Also, ignoring magazines that promote such diets might be best. If you still like the magazine, that’s great. But – personally speaking – I  skip past the diets and use common sense when eating instead.

Oh its an absolute bug bear of mine that the shops, magazines and Tv shows who were forcing chocolate and full cream, full fat puddings , sauces  and other luxury foods at you last week will be trying to shame you into buying, fat free, sugar free, slim quick, lose weight diet rubbish next week.

I stood on the scales before Christmas and I shall stand on them afterwards and I know I wont have gained anything because although we had some lovely food we didnt make total pigs of ourselves and we still walked and remained active.

Its this over consuming that we seem to get tricked into that is the problem.. Has anyone heard of a FB thing called rate my plate? I was disgusted when I saw it, some of the plates looked like serving platters and single portions were big enough to feed 4 normal people.

If anyone eats like that and then moans about gaining weight I have no darn sympathy for them,  its gluttony pure and simple.

Have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty!

If anyone does need to lose weight I reccomend the walk we did with the dogs this morning. It was on a nature reserve and although very pretty the ground was boggy and soggy like walking through treacle. Only about 3 miles but it felt like 10 as we had to drag our boots up out of the mud for every step…

A really good calf and thigh workout! lol

1 member liked this post:

It does seem contradictory: you’re sold all these foods to enjoy at Christmas. Then in January, you’re told that you’ve eaten too much and must diet. Of course, the diet industry loves January. The diet industry is worth billions worldwide, so they’re going to promote these mnagazine diets. Little people like us have no power over their plugs. It has been going on for years and – most likely – always will. Where there’s money involved, there is going to be pressure put on the public to buy these diets.

A little knowledge.

If anyone does need to lose weight I reccomend the walk we did with the dogs this morning. It was on a nature reserve and although very pretty the ground was boggy and soggy like walking through treacle. Only about 3 miles but it felt like 10 as we had to drag our boots up out of the mud for every step…

A really good calf and thigh workout! lol

It is like that here at the moment. I went out this morning but avoided the worst areas. I prefer to fight my way through snow rather than a bog. At least that way my boots don’t need cleaning lol

I love walking in the countryside and the woods. In fact, as a youngster, I would walk in the woods in Sweden with my grandfather, brother and sister. We would walk and explore for hours. Those were the days.

I also enjoy walking at night: I love the darkness and looking at the sky. I love night walking, although I have not done so for a while.

2 users liked this post:

Walking in the darkness can be a bit scary at times and I found that animals in the fields can be frightened and stampede if I was not thinking. I used to do it a lot years ago but these days I am seldom out after dark. I worried about who I would meet until I thought there would not be likely anyone else much about and my hearing is sensitive and I also sense things about. Most people carry torches anyway. Something I never did, just relying on my senses. Growing up in the countryside made it somewhat a way of life.

To be honest, I don’t hold that fear: I just walk along in the darkness. I wouldn’t wander around a field, though: I’d feel the same as you in that circumstance, to be honest.

Night walking is wonderful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!