Manicures

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Do you love having manicured nails? I always shape my nails and clean them with soap & a nail brush. I always paint my nails, too. ATM I am wearing an Avon pink glitter nail polish. I had a Boots 17 sea green on the other day. What’s your nail routine?

I really really do 🙁

Normally I have lovely, medium-length (I am a hiker lol too long and they get annoying), oval-shaped, painted nails but unfortunately I broke two over the last fortnight saving Belle from falling on her head as she rolls off the bed!

I used to be a big-time chewer so my nails are a pride of point now.

I am planning on going to the salon for a manicure once my nails grow back as a treat 🙂

Also, I love no17 nail varnish – it’s such great quality! I have a limited edition duck egg blue colour that I won in the regional halloween costume competition when I was working there 😀 It’s awesome 😀

Have you checked out the pound shops for nail varnishes, Papi?

You get some really good quality makes. 🙂

I haven’t no, but for two main reasons: 1, I like to know that my make-up in any form isn’t tested on animals and I can’t get that assurance from cheaper brands and 2, I use specific nail varnishes that are baby-safe. By that I mean there are certain chemicals in nail varnish that have been linked to early miscarriage and birth defects so I stick with brands I know are safe. I mean, the chances are so ridiculously low but with my history I don’t dare take any kind of risk.

I don’t buy the pound shop ones. I buy their ‘famous’ brands range. I have seen Maybelline, Rimmel, Sally Hansen, Opi, NYC, and many others that I have forgotten there.

I never buy rubbish makeup, it is a waste of money, ad I hate putting hardly used products in the bin.

I didn’t realise you can get stuff like that in there

You can’t go in with a shopping list, but there is always some ‘famous’ brands products. I noticed L’Oreal the other day. Poundstretcher also have a Rimmel line at a £1

I really should pay more attention to my nails. I keep them clean and trimmed but thats about it.

I love having someone else do them but I hate paying for it so I rarely go to get a manicure! AND I don’t have the patience to do them myself.

This might sound odd… but maybe one day when I have a dish washer I’d paint them myself more often.

Never heard of rubber gloves? 😆

Never heard of rubber gloves? 😆

Yah, but then I forget to use them! Or somehow there is a whole in them and they don’t work. I must be a vigorous scrubber! 😉

lol I have the same problem with my gloves. I find busybee gloves, although they do cost more, are really good for not developing holes or wearing out!

I also find busybee gloves are excellent.As you say they cost a bit more but really are worth it.
    I keep my nails manicured but tend to like to keep them natural.
    I do paint my toenails.

Ok, ok I will have to get my nails done and try these busybee gloves.

What color is everyone painting. I always have the hardest time picking colors!

This looks amazing and any amatuer can make it look as good

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crackle+nail+varnish&rlz=1C1VASU_enGB683GB683&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=894&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQs8GHvpzPAhVJCsAKHUUUBwAQ_AUIBygC

You put on a base colour of any varnishes you have in the house, then add the crackle, and it literally cracks, showing off the base colout. It’s great. 🙂

This looks amazing and any amatuer can make it look as good

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crackle+nail+varnish&rlz=1C1VASU_enGB683GB683&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=894&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQs8GHvpzPAhVJCsAKHUUUBwAQ_AUIBygC

You put on a base colour of any varnishes you have in the house, then add the crackle, and it literally cracks, showing off the base colout. It’s great. 🙂

That is fun Cherry! I love how easy it is to do. I will have to find some time for myself and give myself a manicure.

I love the colors on this chart going from summer to fall.
    Great suggestions!

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!