Manicures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Surely people just choose dependent on their mood or colours they are wearing?

Well I was just wearing burgundy gel, but I took it off a few days ago. Let my nails heal and grow a bit. I was hoping that having a thicker layer (e.g. gel) would stop Belle breaking them but alas, broken they have. Trimmed them all short now as I was 8 nails down to the quick!

P.S. that crackle nail varnish looks awesome 🙂

It actually looks just as good when you do it yourself.

Put your initial colour on as usual and leave it to dry.

The crackle follows that, but put it on as fast as you can, and a tad thicker than usual.

It doesn’t crack immediately, it takes a little time. But definitely, put it on with confidence, if you are too slow or need a second coat it will spoil it.

Surely people just choose dependent on their mood or colours they are wearing?

I have a hard time deciding, maybe I have commitment issues? Although, I have been with the same man for 8 years now! I just can’t commit to what stays on my body. Like, I could NEVER have a tattoo. I would never be able to decide on the imagery!

Lol I love my tattoos – but I do change my nail colour pretty often!

My tattoos are only ever an expression of something very deep and irrevocable about me. I have my *as yet in complete* shoulder tattoo of a taurus symbol. Incomplete as I’m intending to give it a semi circle of my children’s symbols (that is if I have any more). I have the Yorkshire rose on the inside of my wrist, because I have very little in the way of roots and it’s nice to be reminded of what I have. And now the jasmine plant growing up my shin. I’m born year of the horse, which makes jasmine my lucky flower.

Those tattoos sound gorgeous, Papillio!

One thing I always make sure I stay on top of is my nails! I carry around a nail kit, complete with cuticle cutters – an instrument I couldn’t live without. I also do apply my own Shellac at home at least every other week.

Cheers Kit 🙂

I carry a novelty snap-off packet of christmas emery boards lol not quite the same thing though eh barbie? 😉

I painted my nails last night a pink glitter. My nails look gorgeous. I’ve always been vain about my nails. I take great pride in my appearance, like most people do!

I have gotten into French manicures lately. They are so understated and glamorous. I have polished nails all the time now. I love treating myself to beauty treatments in general: such as face masks and wearing lipstick of an evening. It’s great being female!

Oh, I like the idea of a french manicure. I am going away next week on a my first solo trip without Martin and our two year old. I am going to treat myself to a french manicure.

I loves gel laquer,for me is optimally,wear his long, in lamp to dry quikly)sorry for my English)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Nastia1831.

Which rubber gloves you are talking about?? 😀

It is not often I use nail varnish. I always keep my nails good and neat though. In my last job it was part of policy that we couldn’t wear varnish, so except occasionally for clear varnish with a matt top coat for protection occasionally (it was not noticeable at a glance 😊 ) I did not wear any.

I love those colours kiwi and am very inspired. ATM I am into French manicures. I have grown my nails long and they look gorgeous. I’d love to have a professional French manicure, though. Nails are my passion.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!