Migraines

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tearknee 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Does anyone suffer from these horrible things?

I do occasionally get one and after trying Tylenol for so long which didn’t touch it I was prescribed a medicine called Diclofenec which is not a Narcotic but it is a pain medicine in the same group as Motrin that directly focuses on Migraine pain. The medicine has been a godsend when I get a migraine.

When I get migraines, I generally wake up with them.  Only once have I gotten one in the middle of the day.

I usually end up taking Tylenol every couple of hours until the pain goes away, usually by mid-afternoon.

1 member liked this post:

When I get migraines, I generally wake up with them. Only once have I gotten one in the middle of the day. I usually end up taking Tylenol every couple of hours until the pain goes away, usually by mid-afternoon.

Tylenol never touched the migraine for me. A regular head ache Tylenol worked great, but the migraine it did nothing.

Luckily I don’t, but have known people who suffer badly.

I started getting migraines in my late teens and they were ever so bad through my twenties and into my early thirties.  I’d get the kind where your head feels like it’s going to explode, and like you have horrible gears grinding in there.  Also my eyeballs felt like they were being pushed out of my head or something, like there was just so much pressure.  I’d wake up feeling it was coming, like some sort of sensation, if that makes sense?  Sometimes they’d last a few days, and I’d have such a hard time sleeping, and I’d often get physically sick and throw up they’d get so bad.

Tylenol and Aspirin never really worked for me.  Excedrin would work sometimes if I could take it early enough.  Sometimes I found alcohol could help dull my pain a bit, at least enough to sleep, so I’d drink wine when I was having them really bad.  A really funny thing, I haven’t had migraines really for years since I stopped drinking coffee, so I wonder if my caffeine consumption might’ve been a trigger or something?

I’d be such a total baby when I’d be having one, I just don’t handle pain well at all.  I can take feeling nauseated so much better.  Oh dear I’d make a terrible spy, I’d give up all my secrets after like 10 seconds of torture, lol.

Thankfully I have never suffered migraines. And I never get headaches. But I have sympathy for those that do. I wish there were a magic cure, but there isn’t. But general painkillers should lessen the pain.

Mamie, I do generally think caffeine can contribute to migraine but it differs among all migraine suffers. One person could be fine with drinking coffee and the next one not.

I get visual migraines, that was scary at first but I have since read they are quite common. I do not have any pain and it is like having a light bulb filament on your eye that flashes, you sort of look round and between the flashes. Fortunately it last only for 20 mins or so.

I get visual migraines, that was scary at first but I have since read they are quite common. I do not have any pain and it is like having a light bulb filament on your eye that flashes, you sort of look round and between the flashes. Fortunately it last only for 20 mins or so.

That sounds awful mikki. Does anything help alleviate them and make them go away even quicker?

No sadly the best way is to almost forget about it that does seem to help in a perverse way. The main problem is trying to put on make up when you have it as my eyeliner can go anywhere lol.

No sadly the best way is to almost forget about it that does seem to help in a perverse way. The main problem is trying to put on make up when you have it as my eyeliner can go anywhere lol.

That is awful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!