Morning ladies

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Morning ladies

This topic contains 604 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Tearknee 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 605 total)
  • Author

The sun is shining again. I like to make the most of it, but got a bit burnt over the weekend so I will have to be careful. Have a lovely day everyone!

I’m on day 5 of straight rain! 😭

It seems like it is raining here now, or did yesterday anyway. My computer was doing its Windows 10 April update and crashed into a loop. I had to reset it so Windows re-loaded. Luckily it saved the data and user profile (although I did have the data backed up anyway), but it will take days to reconfigure with minor applications and settings. Lucky I did have a bit of a nerdy job which partly included setting up software.

On a better note – Art group this evening yipee!

Enjoy your art group, SpinningJen! I did an art class at night school for two years in a row: painting is wonderful.

Anyhow, I have gotten up and about this morning. I have made myself a cup of coffee and am listening to Madonna’s album “Ray of Light”. I have also put on a load of laundry. I shall be browsing the Internet shortly.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

How does Jen configure her applications ? that sounds naughty lol.

Ahhhh…. Update Tuesday…I’m familiar.  I kept putting mine off for an hour at a time.  Yesterday, I was reminded how time flies every time my computer nagged me for a reboot.  LOL

Sorry you had such trouble, Jen.  Hopefully it’s all straightened out by now.

Configure my applications Mikki? Naughty? I wish lol. It is well on the way now, but some downloaded apps were lost. Easily replaced. Another thing I found was that one user’s data was lost but anothers was not. I have seperate user setups for my pleasure and work environments. My work one is luckily the one in which the data was intact, which was good as it would have been a lot to re-load. With the other setup (this one), I reloaded everything yesterday. My computer was originally Windows 8. I got the free upgrade so now 10 (has been for some time). One irritation I have so far is the photo viewer which came with 8 and not part of 10 has now gone. Microsoft say the replacement is better but so far I find it irritating. A number of other apps have gone, probably for good, as well but I suspect most of them I never used. With work, I often had recourse to download open source utilities from the net as it was otherwise difficult to justify cost to managers so I have few fears about getting fully working. For intance, I use Open Office at home rather than Microsoft Word. Not quite as good but suffices for my needs. Anyway thanks for the concern. My one recommendation which was a life saver is KEEP BACKUPS! The other is keep calm and don’t rush into things without thinking.

Back on my other note, my evening at art group was lovely. We are planning for an outing to a local Japanese garden soon. I am really looking forward to that. Have a lovely day everyone!

I really think I’m in love.

I spent last night with my man I’ve been seeing for about a month now.  I woke up feeling like I’m on top of the world, my heart has been racing and I haven’t had much appetite, and I’m struggling to focus on work right now.

I was in a long term abusive relationship, but that was over like 7 months ago, and I’ve been feeling over him for about 2 months, but I don’t know how to tell if I’m having rebound?  But I feel he’s just so very incredibly kind and sweet, he’s rather shy but he’s just so gentle and thoughtful.  I’ve never heard him say anything negative about anyone.  I met his mother on Mother’s Day, she is such an amazing person, he has such a relationship with her.  His father passed away last year, he’s been taking care of her and his little brother, who has cerebral palsy, I just really am drawn to his charity, I don’t feel a man like this could ever be cruel to me?  I’m really attracted to his consideration, like he asks me when he wants to touch me, but he’s not doing it in a begging way, if I’m making sense, and he asks so charmingly I just can’t help being incredibly turned on.  He’s an emergency room nurse, I so totally respect his work.

I feel like I can’t believe I’m so lucky to have found someone like him, I can’t believe he’s available.  He’s just really, really shy, I actually asked him out, my little brother has Down’s Syndrome and I take care of him a lot, and I felt connected to him seeing him with his brother, and I feel like I’m completely out of my mind, but I don’t know how my judgement is compromised.  I feel like I have so much going through my mind, like I’m afraid of being taken advantage of again, I’m scared maybe I’m totally overlooking his flaws, I’m terrified what if it’s all an act, but I also am 35 and I don’t want to wait too long either.

I’m so terribly sorry for all my rambling, or if I’m in the wrong thread, it’s just affecting me this morning and what’s going through my head right now, lol.  I’ve been daydreaming he’s going to marry me.

2 users liked this post:

Hi Mamie, I’m so happy for you and wish you every good fortune with your new guy. I too escaped an abusive relationship, although it took a plastic surgeon to repair my facial damage. I hope yours was not as serious.

1 member liked this post:

That’s wonderful news, Mamie!

It nice you have happy times again Mamie. It’s raining here this morning but good feelings spread and brighten up my day.

First off, Congratulations Marnie. Being in love is such a wonderful feeling. When you go to bed thinking about that person and wake up thinking about that person you know you have something special there. I have been married to my husband Matt since 4/15/17 and we were together 4 year prior to that. It seems as though the smile has never left my face ever since I met him. I am so glad you have found that someone.

As for today, I had a morning facial and later this afternoon since it is the last Friday of the month the women of my Wine tasting group with be getting together at one of the ladies home who will be providing the Wine and the finger foods to go with it.

I am very happy for you, Mamie. To find someone special is wonderful.

I am sorry you went through that, Rhonda333. There are no words for what he put you through. I hope you’re at peace in your life now. Although carrying scars is awful. But you’re a new woman. I hope you are free now without him.

Thank you Kat dear. It was a doomed relationship to begin with. But he was very handsome, loads of money and social position and he was really into transgenders- that is me. But he couldn’t drink without being abusive He finally attacked me and beat me into unconsciousness. I woke in the middle of the night with him sleeping. I took his new ball bat and beat him into a bloody mess, and then I escaped. I wound up in Edinburgh where I completed university and really reinvented my life. Yes I am at peace, and no I didn’t kill him although I tried.

Thank you Kat dear. It was a doomed relationship to begin with. But he was very handsome, loads of money and social position and he was really into transgenders- that is me. But he couldn’t drink without being abusive He finally attacked me and beat me into unconsciousness. I woke in the middle of the night with him sleeping. I took his new ball bat and beat him into a bloody mess, and then I escaped. I wound up in Edinburgh where I completed university and really reinvented my life. Yes I am at peace, and no I didn’t kill him although I tried.

What an awful ordeal. No one deserves to have hands put on them no matter if the person is intoxicated or not. I am glad you got yourself out of that horrible situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 605 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!