Morning ladies

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Morning ladies

This topic contains 604 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Tearknee 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 605 total)
  • Author

I suspect the UK and USA are in competition to see who can create the biggest political farce in their respective histories.

I’m on a pause from reading about politics on the news.

Souxi, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your parents return soon to lend a hand.

Anyone have any nice plans this weekend?

I’m ready to curl up and retreat into my cave. It’s cool and rainy here and I’m sleepy!

I’m on a pause from reading about politics on the news. Souxi, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your parents return soon to lend a hand. Anyone have any nice plans this weekend? I’m ready to curl up and retreat into my cave. It’s cool and rainy here and I’m sleepy!

Kiwi,

Good for you on being pause on reading politics.  So, far I’m going out to bunch lunch with sister and my father’s 1st cousin, tomorrow.  I know that sleepy feeling too well.

kiwi wrote:

I’m on a pause from reading about politics on the news. Souxi, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your parents return soon to lend a hand. Anyone have any nice plans this weekend? I’m ready to curl up and retreat into my cave. It’s cool and rainy here and I’m sleepy!

Kiwi, Good for you on being pause on reading politics. So, far I’m going out to bunch lunch with sister and my father’s 1st cousin, tomorrow. I know that sleepy feeling too well.

Is it possible for anyone whom is on the other side of the ocean/pond (UK) can further explanation to both the ones and me that are in US.  Whom have whatsoever clue as to and why UK’s election system is setup.  Or if whatever its called.

I really should have stayed in bed yesterday. Instead of delivery the water bill to City Hall drop box I delivered it to the garbage drop box! Now my water bill will be late.

I ran out if the house yesterday rushing to take my 2 year old to story time when Martin handed me the bill to deliver. I could have sworn he said take this to garbage. When I returned he asked me if I dropped the bill at City Hall.

How embarrassing!🙄

I hope everyone else is having a better start to their weekend!

Morning ladies.

Whoops Kiwi. 😂😂

Well i managed to get hold of my parents in Cyprus. Result is they’re coming home  today. Which means their holiday was cut short by about four days. I feel really bad, but if the hospital hadn’t discharged my brother against my wishes, they could have stayed. Furious with them.

Anyway, today is a lovely sunny day. We have a kitten in the house! Ten months old from the RSPCA. She has already had a litter of kittens!  She’s tiny!  There have been lots of hisses and growls and bushy tails with my other cat, but things are slowly improving. Enjoy your Sunday ladies.

I don’t like days like that Kiwi. I spend most of them double checking everything I do. Still there is only one thing to do – laugh and carry on 😂

I’m glad you have the kittens Souxi. Something nice to think about. Hospitals try their hardest to clear people out these days. When my father was in, and we had issues locating a nursing home (there are lack of suitable places these days as he had dementia) the hospital threatened to charge us for his stay in hospital. Not helpful to us or them, and specifically my father. In the end they had to keep him until a healthcare place was found as there was no home care package in place (social services very slow) and none of us family were onsite to provide care. My mother had suffered a fairly recent stroke so she was not able to control his unpredictable behaviour.

Sounds like the UK are in desperate need of nurses, I recently read there was a shortage of 60,000 nurses!!?? I’m sure that doesn’t help with being able to keep patients longer.

Yah, I am normally pretty good about double checking everything but was just having one of those days…. Oh well the check was picked up from the garbage and now is in the box at water!

A new kitty sounds really nice Souxi. She sounds a little feisty? 10 months and already a liter!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  kiwi.

From my experience working in healthcare – 60,000 nurses may be good but with the staffing cuts and budget limitation, if 5000 skilled nurses turned up tomorrow I suspect there would be problems justifying their employment. it’s easy to sensationalise things as they do, but far harder to backup with facts. I remember years ago when I was taking samples for blood gas checks on the wards sometimes having difficulty finding staff and having to take care to locate the right patient without them (never take notice of other patients – I almost got the wrong one once 😯 ). In more recent times the wards often seem like there are so many staff they are tripping over each other. Maybe lots of agency staff 😕

Not nice retrieving the cheque from the garbage kiwi.  I glad you have that out of the way.

I had a busy morning yesterday removing the Ivy from the garage wall. It had got rather rampant. I want to extend the lines to hold the Fig tree and Loganberries to the wall so needed to clear the Ivy. It was hard work. My nails are now tidied but somewhat shorter than first thing yesterday. It’s nice today so maybe a gentle walk 🙂

Good Morning girls!

Currently sitting in work in agony after strongwoman training last night…started training with 2 former champions and they just about near killed me lol

Oh dear. Hope you recover pretty quickly…

I have a conference call at noon today for a perspective client. Wish me luck I always feel strange talking to someone on the phone for the first time and not being to see their facial expression etc.

I hope things went well kiwi and you are recovering well Jayceefit 🙂

It’s a lovely morning here so I intend to spend a while in the garden before I visit my mother this afternoon.

Have a nice day ladies x

Morning ladies.

Gorgeous sunny day today. Well, myself, OH and my two aunts, cleaned out my brothers flat. It’s spotless now. Took about three hours altogether.

He had a moan at me this morning on the phone, because I took all his post over, dad had to,open it and it caused a bit of a row I think. Trouble is, none of it was opened, and it needed going through. I’m his sister so he can take it out on me. Never mind.

Glad you retrieved the cheque Kiwi! Bet Martin was happy lol. 😂😂😂

The kitten is very fiesty. She’s adorable bless her. Into everything. Like having a two year old again.😂😂

Have a lovely day ladies.

Lovely here too and the forecast is much of the same for several days. Bring it on I say…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 605 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!