My Artwork

This topic contains 108 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author

A while ago, I was at the Academy of the Arts in SF waiting for my girlfriend. She was teaching an Art class and had a nude male model there. Here is my sketch of that person.

Wow Annie that is great! You should take some more classes!?

I have never been to a nude drawing class, although several friends have suggested it.

Perhaps the nearest was during a drawing class a few years ago, when the tutor brought in his dog, which was old and did not jiffle about much, so we could draw. That was good!

That sounds like fun and sparks an idea, I bet there is market for pet portraits! Are you enrolled in any classes now?

A while ago, I was at the Academy of the Arts in SF waiting for my girlfriend. She was teaching an Art class and had a nude male model there. Here is my sketch of that person.

Thanks Kiwi, I actually did when I was pregnant with my son, that was 23 years ago.

You should really take it up Annie. You are getting the proportions well. I have always found it difficult.

There is a market for pet portraits. I know several amateur artists locally who do do pet portraits, and are very good. I have not drawn many animals, mainly people and plants so it would take some work!

The drawing classes I went to folded due to local authority cutbacks (they were in a school, in the evening), but most of our group at the time decided to meet in a similar manner and so we formed, and hold meetings every couple of weeks in a local village hall. One of the members of the group is our old teacher, so, although he is not there to teach, he provides some good input to the group. We had been going to lessons for several years so there is a lot of varied experiences and skills.

Thanks Kiwi, it will be tough for me to take any classes but there are classes like that around our area, maybe I can just drop in when I can.

In Oakland, not far from where I am, there is a really cool place. They collect all kind of (clean) trash. The kids can go there any time and create any kind of art works depend on their imagination using the available materials. I have been wanting to visit that place for some time now but have not had time.

Thanks Kiwi, it will be tough for me to take any classes but there are classes like that around our area, maybe I can just drop in when I can.

In Oakland, not far from where I am, there is a really cool place. They collect all kind of (clean) trash. The kids can go there any time and create any kind of art works depend on their imagination using the available materials. I have been wanting to visit that place for some time now but have not had time.

What is this place called? That sounds really interesting. Please go and post more info πŸ™‚

You should really take it up Annie. You are getting the proportions well. I have always found it difficult.

There is a market for pet portraits. I know several amateur artists locally who do do pet portraits, and are very good. I have not drawn many animals, mainly people and plants so it would take some work!

The drawing classes I went to folded due to local authority cutbacks (they were in a school, in the evening), but most of our group at the time decided to meet in a similar manner and so we formed, and hold meetings every couple of weeks in a local village hall. One of the members of the group is our old teacher, so, although he is not there to teach, he provides some good input to the group. We had been going to lessons for several years so there is a lot of varied experiences and skills.

That is great the group is still meeting but sad to hear about the cutbacks.

How is your portrait for your son and soon to be daughter in law coming? Have you started?

I don’t know the name but I will browse and post it here. It is wonderful that the children have an outlet to express themselves.

What is this place called? That sounds really interesting. Please go and post more info πŸ™‚

That is great the group is still meeting but sad to hear about the cutbacks.

How is your portrait for your son and soon to be daughter in law coming? Have you started?

I have started the portrait, but am realising how much I have taken on! When I look at it, at the moment, I see basic form and try not to get worried about the time I need and problems I will likely come across. One thing I learnt in class when given something to draw which I didn’t get on with was to persevere as I get there in time πŸ™‚

For me, I can get intimated to get those first strokes and marks down. I can get in my own head and question everything.

Here in the States we have, I think, about a year to give someone their wedding present. Do you have something similar in the UK?

I bet you are feeling some pressure but you sound like you have a good motto πŸ™‚

The pressure is there, especially as I am sidetracked for a couple of days as mother’s day is on next Sunday here and I am making a card.

Usually people plan weddings a year or more in advance, but, although it was not unexpected, it was only just before Christmas my son mentioned it and the wedding is not long away. Presents are usually taken to the reception, unless large.

The pressure is there, especially as I am sidetracked for a couple of days as mother’s day is on next Sunday here and I am making a card.

Usually people plan weddings a year or more in advance, but, although it was not unexpected, it was only just before Christmas my son mentioned it and the wedding is not long away. Presents are usually taken to the reception, unless large.

Jen, it must be very meaningful to him, a painting of him by his mother for his wedding.

When is the big day!? It is exciting and you sound like you got your hands full. You have one lucky son πŸ™‚

When is the big day!? It is exciting and you sound like you got your hands full. You have one lucky son πŸ™‚

The day is in May!

I think it will be a bit of a rush, but at least there will be little time for last minute worries πŸ™‚

The day is in May!

I think it will be a bit of a rush, but at least there will be little time for last minute worries πŸ™‚

I love your positive spins!

A Spring wedding that will be lovely. Do you have a dress picked out?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!