My Artwork

This topic contains 52 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Well May has arrived quickly!? How is the painting coming along?

May has come soon Kiwi!

I am a little behind with the painting but it is coming along well thank you. There always seems to be little things that need adjustment, but in the next few days I will finish as the paint needs to harden then varnish. I will post a photo in the next week or so.

Things are coming together for the wedding. I hope the weather brightens up though. It is much further south so should be warmer, although here there is not great temperature variation but, living near the north sea, it can be cooler.

I am also looking forward to seeing your artwork! My close male friend is a painter, as well. It is such a wonderful form of art. You must have a lot of talent.

Now the system is up and running again I will update everyone.

My son’s wedding went really well. The day was enjoyed by all as everything (almost LOL ) went to plan and the weather was brilliant.

The prtrait I did was well recieved which made me really happy as I had spent a lot of time on it. Now I am thinking ‘What next?’, but I took a few photographs when I was down there (the wedding was on the Isle of Wight), and one of them has got me thinking.

Here is the portrait

Attachments:

Glad to hear the wedding went well and that your art was well received (of course it was — you are talented!). 🎉   🎊

Wow, that painting is incredible. It looks like a photograph when it is shown as small.

Sounds like a little family drama??? Congratulations to you and your family! xx

Thank you both 🙂 x

You are welcome. So do you think you will do another portrait or landscape?

I think some kind of portrait maybe, but wouldn’t rule out animals / plants. Landscape and especially architecture are unlikely. I was out with the art group at the weekend on a field trip to a local hall with grounds. While most of them were drawing buildings and old farm carts etc I was drawing flowers and trees. I started to draw some buidings but soon had enough. I love the natural world.

My partner did take a photo of me while we were away which came out blurred. It is striking enough that it has got me thinking about how I would reproduce it and how a painting would look. I usually like to be precise so it would be a good exercise to do something different. I do find, although haphazard, my learning of art is helping me see things in a different light and often with detail. There is often great beauty in the plainest of things.

I think some kind of portrait maybe, but wouldn’t rule out animals / plants. Landscape and especially architecture are unlikely. I was out with the art group at the weekend on a field trip to a local hall with grounds. While most of them were drawing buildings and old farm carts etc I was drawing flowers and trees. I started to draw some buidings but soon had enough. I love the natural world. My partner did take a photo of me while we were away which came out blurred. It is striking enough that it has got me thinking about how I would reproduce it and how a painting would look. I usually like to be precise so it would be a good exercise to do something different. I do find, although haphazard, my learning of art is helping me see things in a different light and often with detail. There is often great beauty in the plainest of things.

I really enjoy looking at art and seeing what each artist decided to capture and what feature was important to them. Like when you see several painting of the same painting and everyone has a different interpretation or technique. I think I will go to a museum when I am in NYC next week. Take a nice quiet day stolling around the Met 🙂

I would probably be out in nature sketching with you, I’m not a fan of buildings although I did my first oil painting of a bridge it was covered in wildlife overgrown wildflowers and weeds.

Oh so a possible self portrait???

I really enjoy looking at art and seeing what each artist decided to capture and what feature was important to them. Like when you see several painting of the same painting and everyone has a different interpretation or technique. I think I will go to a museum when I am in NYC next week. Take a nice quiet day stolling around the Met 🙂 I would probably be out in nature sketching with you, I’m not a fan of buildings although I did my first oil painting of a bridge it was covered in wildlife overgrown wildflowers and weeds. Oh so a possible self portrait???

Apart from meeting people, that is why I enjoy my art group. We started as a serious group, hiring a meeting place when the lessons we were doing finished (due to cuts in services). In the lessons we did our variations on the same subject. These days the subjects are different , but our different styles are obvious.

I like looking around galleries. Whatever you do kiwi, enjoy your visit and the sights 🙂 Ideally take a sketchbook and sketch anything interesting – although I must admit I usually have mine with me but seldom use it :/

I would love to see anything you have done

I thought of showing everyone a view of my garden so resurrected this thread, which I started to show my artwork. It’s maybe not quite the same thing, but there is a little bit of art in there somewhere lol. Not a big garden but I do have a lot in there and there is quite a bit of wildlife. The birds think they own it!

Attachments:

Hi Jen, I have succeeded in posting 2 more of my acrylics, the seascape is a biggy that I did for the lounge wall. Mikki x

Attachments:
    1 member liked this post:

I love your seacapes Mikki. They are so different to mine. Is that your dog?

Hi Jen , glad you like my seascapes, I have another in mind for when I get the time with waves enhanced with a spot of pollyfilla to give slightly 3D effect ( well I hope so !). Yes that is one of my dogs and he is cute as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!