My Artwork

This topic contains 69 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author

🙂

1 member liked this post:

Apart from the finishing touches I have completed another portrait. It is taken from a very old photograph of an unknown girl. This one has taken me quite some time as I have put it aside from time to time. I enjoyed painting it though and am pleased with the result. Do any of our recent new members enjoy art and have things to show here?

Attachments:
    2 users liked this post:

Very nice, Jen!  I’ve nothing to post; I’m artistically challenged.

Thank you. So was I until I took lessons. I was very nervous in class for a long time as I thought my drawings were bad. They still are not brilliant at times, but I enjoy it.

Your work’s amazing Jen! 🙂 Like Crystal I don’t have any artistic talent whatsoever, I’m glad you really enjoy your skill.

I understand that perspective, Jen.  Waaaaaaaay back when I took ballroom dancing lessons, I was no Ginger Rogers, but I did have fun.  🙂

I love your artwork, SpinningJen. It must be wonderful to be able to draw and paint. You’re very lucky to be artistic. Great work.

Thank you everyone.It has been a bit of a climb. Whether good or bad, I find it it takes lots of practice and opening your eyes to really see things rather than glance and assume.

Any more work you could publish on here, SpinningJen?

I have several things I am working on, but they are in oils so are taking longer as they need to dry between sessions. The chances are I may have several at once, but I will think about recent things. At the moment I am also doing a Christmas card for our ‘Secret Santa’ in our art group as well. I will get some photos of the card before I give it.

I’ve done art myself in the past. Oils are a wonderful medium. I have tried watercolour, but consider that rather difficult in terms of my skill. I do believe watercolour takes talent and methodical ability. I am, however, good with charcoal and coloured penciling. To be honest, I just stick to writing these days.

I look forward to seeing your artwork!

I used to play guitar, but I changed to painting as it is easier to look back on, and better accepted (I preferred electric guitar and rather heavy rhythm). Although I used to write a little poetry, it is not something I did much. Do you have any samples of your writing that you could share Kitty?

Funnily enough, SpinningJen, I have just had a poetry book published with Lulu.com. It is called “Girl About Town Eating A Bag Of Crisps”. It is pretty good. I know spam isn’t allowed, but hopefully that won’t be labelled spam!

Online PoemHunter.com is where all my poems are.

Thank you  Kitty. I have found them.  I love your work! As you say – you do keep busy. I read ‘A Tin of Biscuits’ this morning. It reminded me well of Christmas present and past. I found your books too. The unusual title made finding things easy.

I’m glad you found a poem you enjoyed reading! Some poems are better than others, but they’re mostly decent, interesting reading. I am rather quirky when it comes to poem titles and content.

Anyhow, I am glad you liked ” A Tin Of Biscuits”!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!