My Artwork

This topic contains 101 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Hey Jen, I have a question. How long have you been drawing for? Do you do commission work?

I have been drawing since 2007 I think. Or at least painting. I prefer painting, usually with acrylics, but when I started I found that I really needed to draw to be able to be reasonably accurate with the initial undersketch. I started lessons in drawing at nightschool soon after I started, and now although the lessons have ended (government cutbacks – they were subsidised) half of us in the class including the tutor  went on to form a drawing group. We are now fairly advanced and vary things so I tend to call it an art group even though it is still principally drawing. I have not really done any commission work although, as a group, we have individually produced works for a drawing exhibition at a local nature reserve. I also gave my son and his wife a portrait of them together as a wedding gift (it is shown earlier on this thread). I have many hobbies so don’t get to things as much as I could but do enjoy it.

1 member liked this post:

Art is wonderful. Although I write rather than paint.

Your drawing class sounds wonderful. I am glad for you. Because you are talented and just enjoying art is the valuable thing. An old friend of mine is also a painter. His name is Michael and I love his artwork. I even wrote a poem about him: “A Passion For Painting”. I’m artistic myself and see the value in everyone’s efforts. Although yours is top quality.

Carry on painting ’cause you’ve got it.

I am not sure whether you saw my last set of sketches Kitty as they are a page back now. I put them on after your last request. Your artist friend sounds interesting in your poem. I like to hear about others. Your poetry has the feel of reality of life. I enjoy reading it!

I’m glad you’re enjoying my poems, SpinningJen! The newer ones are – generally – better than the older poems. Anyhow, I write because I enjoy being creative and using my imagination. I don’t think myself a joke, but I don’t tend to write in the standard of W.B Yeats. Of course, I try hard and just hope people get enjoyment – like yourself – from my poems. I do feel I have messages to say; like body image, drugs, false religion, war, bullying even. My favourite genre is horror, which is why I’ve gone with that subject in a lot of poems. I do also hope the happy poems are light hearted and just fun. It doesn’t all have to be serious!

That’s my penny’s worth!

I am really impressed with the artwork that I have viewed on this thread. Some of the ones that have popped out to me is The Girl and the Dog, and how you draw your birds.

Thank you Mollypops x

Thank you Mollypops x

No problem whatsoever. I look forward to viewing more of your work in the future.

Drawing and painting is a specialized skill, SpinningJen, that many people don’t have. A lot of people think anyone can draw & paint, but I don’t think that’s true. Now, you can, but some people out there couldn’t do your work. I do think you’ve got a lot to be proud of and should consider showcasing your work: online and IRL.

It is something to consider, SpinningJen.

Thank you Kitty. I have thought about it, but don’t do a great deal so things may appear stagnent at some times. I have other hobbies such as sewing which also take my time up, and in the winter I find things in the house a little cool for artwork in several ways.

I am not sure I agree with you on people painting and drawing. Many people said I couldn’t and are now surprised. It was not something I was good at at school, being far better at sciences. It is something I liked doing though so persevered. I took lessons, which was useful. It takes time and everyone has different styles. I think anyone with determination and the right attitude to find their niche can learn to produce artwork people will be interested in. It just takes time and dedication.

I suppose when it comes to drawing and painting, everyone has their own style: a painting or drawing doesn’t have to be done in a professional way. It can be expressive and an emotional outlet. It definitely isn’t a competition for someone to do artwork: it can be done for fun.

But your artwork, SpinningJen, is professional. I think your work is taken seriously, rather than out of an emotional outlet [although it can be both]. I have dabbled in art – and do have some skills – but I wouldn’t get to your level. But you are right about everyone being able to draw and paint [to a certain degree].

I’d love to see more of your artwork, SpinningJen. Any new works?

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!