My Artwork

This topic contains 108 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author

To go off on a tangent, SpinningJen: I was so unhappy that the government made all those cuts to night school. I LOVED night school and attended around seven classes over a few years. I really miss night school. It was so unfair that the government wouldn’t subsidize adult education anymore. It was a real shame and a lifeline for difficult school years. Because – say someone worked in a shop – they could attend business studies at night school, gain that qualification and move up in their job. Now, they can’t do that. That lifeline is gone: you either do well at school or you’re screwed [to excuse my French]. I got lucky, but others won’t be.

Again, a tangent, but a valid post.

If ill advertise my art it’ll be only when ill feel i’m good enough to show my art to other people…

Although I understand your way of thinking here it might be that you never feel you are good enough.  It is part of growing to face the world. I find the criticism helpful, although it still hurts a bit. We had a art group meeting last night and I showed around a photograph with progress on a painting I am working on. The main subject is a horse and one person said it’s neck looked more like a giraffe. That was true and I explained why but it was good to get the feedback so I could adress the issue early as it is often harder to change things at a later stage. I don’t have a Deviant art account although I have seen some things from there. Try testing the water a bit. Start simple. You’ll find you are not alone and even if not making close friends you will begin to share ideas and make faster progress.

Here is the horse painting so you can see the problem. It’s nowhere near finished as yet but getting there (an oil painting on canvas).

Attachments:

@kitkatkitty I was disappointed when they stopped classes too. What does not appear to be understood by them is that there is more to such things than just the learning. From the makeup of our class alone it showed that with a variation of different people attending. I remember too, one time I was sent from work too for a specific technical short course. I see our local college still does some evening courses but the school I went to has stopped.

1 member liked this post:

It is so, so sad. Still, I feel lucky to have made the most of the time with my night classes.

Happy memories.

Viewing 4 posts - 106 through 109 (of 109 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!