My Success With Poetry

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure My Success With Poetry

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My poetry has done really well over the past few years. People are reading my work online and also reading my books [which were published by two Internet companies]. I haven’t made any money, but money was never the goal: I just love people reading my poems and that feeling is not for sale.

Do you have a success story you could share with us? What have you excelled in? What are YOUR achievements?

A lot of my poems were published by United Press. Unfortunately the publisher is gone but my work is still in their books. I do also realize United Press was a vanity publisher, but I felt it was a start.

Over to you!

I have published two books , like yourself money was never the goal. In fact I started writing because I was unemployed and at interviews I would be asked ‘what have you been doing to fill your time ‘?  So instead of saying watching tv or reading I was truthfully able to say I have written and published a book…

It raised a few eyebrows among interviewers  and I must admit nowdays when the royalty check arrives each month it is nice to think that somewhere in the world my little book is making someone smile.

1 member liked this post:

That’s wonderful, cassandra! How did you go about the publishing company sending you the royalties? I have not received any: at all. And my books have been selling well. Also, do you think 10% royalties is too little?

@kitkatkitty I publish via amazon in both hard copy and kindle. Ypu can set your publishing price and the amount you want to earn ( that pushes the price up) .

Amazon do the rest..

Thank you, cassandra.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!