Name for your partner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

What word do you use to refer to your partner? The other half? The hubby? The old man? Is it right for us to refer to our partners in a term other than their real name? If we call our partner ‘the other half’ does it suggest they are no longer their own person? Are we failing to respect them as individuals as soon as we tag them in this way?

What word do you use to refer to your partner? The other half? The hubby? The old man? Is it right for us to refer to our partners in a term other than their real name? If we call our partner ‘the other half’ does it suggest they are no longer their own person? Are we failing to respect them as individuals as soon as we tag them in this way?

I refer to my partner as OH online which does stand for ‘Other Half’

However it’s just because it’s quick to type….fiance, my bloke, my partner, him indoors (lol)…all take so much effort ;-P nothing to do with disrespect at all, or to insinuate he’s not his own person.

Of course, off-line I just refer to him by his first name, never as my other half. 😆

Sounds like a good shortcut to me! Definitely easier to type than a name or the word fiance – especially if you want to add the accent over the e, it take me ages to find that!

Sounds like a good shortcut to me! Definitely easier to type than a name or the word fiance – especially if you want to add the accent over the e, it take me ages to find that!

Now see…I didn’t even take the time to do that! 😆 😆 😆

The name for my partner is pretty simple: Mr ?

Being single sucks sometimes!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!