Home » Topics » General Discussion » Just for Fun » name something that made you laugh or smile today

name something that made you laugh or smile today

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

watching birds of a feather

always such a classic show

I read that there’s a meatless Spam product on the market now, and when I hear or read the word spam (either the digital kind or the meat) I think of Monty Python. Thai makes me smile! 😁

I keep being reminded of Monty Python Rebecca. I intend to watch some of my box set again but then get busy and forget. I saw a documentary on WWII a few days ago and similarly mentally started reciting the spam sketch. And who can remember the lumberjack song? lol

I always think about the dead parot sketch. it’s my favorite. the original is great.

a few years ago I heard it done on their final televised tour, and I couldn’t help feel a sense of loss. john clese (who will always be my favorite member of monty python) sounded a lot less stronger in his voice.

I love him: in fawlty towers, in clockwise, in monty python.. he’s great fun

[quote quote=221915]I always think about the dead parot sketch. it’s my favorite. the original is great.

a few years ago I heard it done on their final televised tour, and I couldn’t help feel a sense of loss. john clese (who will always be my favorite member of monty python) sounded a lot less stronger in his voice.

I love him: in fawlty towers, in clockwise, in monty python.. he’s great fun

[/quote]

Have you seen hold the sunset where he stars with Alison Steadman ( from Gavin and Stacey) ? He does a lot of sitting but his lines are just as cutting and edgy as ever …

Chatting to my friend, Vicky, on the phone.

during my quiz on alexa today, she asked me a moth question.

I said out loud I don’t know the answer, and she replied: I don’t know the answer, is that your guess?

lol….. she really can here you when you mumble I guess!

I am not sure I would ever want an alexa but I suppose that is the future

I resist smart devices besides my phone. The Internet of Things is too much for me in terms of privacy and security. However, the quiz sounds fun and Alexa catching my mumbling would be a thing to make me laugh. Reminds me of kids’ selective hearing at times and then catching things you don’t want them to hear!

highlight of today…. blowing bubbles in my drink. I am so mature for my age. lol

I used to love to do that! 🙂 Now I forget about the fun and just want my kids to finish their drink. Sigh.

I have a lot of fun last night going through a list of the top 10 songs for a musician who died last Tuesday. He was perfect for the stage, and more specifically a Vegas-type act. Such a showman! The ones that made me smile the most were the rap ones (not his genre) and the kids’ song where a young Isaac Hanson lip-synched. So fun!

I was reminded of Galaxy Quest today, and the funny ways that the Thermians act in that movie. It’s really cool that actors can come up with such great material when given the space and confidence from the folks making the movie – the specific way that they talk, their strange laughter, shrieks, clapping, and walking… I bet that group of actors had a blast goofing off and seeing it turn into something very cool onscreen. 🙂

I had no idea how well the movie was received by people until I saw a 20th-anniversary documentary recently. I love the movie and I’m so glad others do too! My only issue with it right now is that it’s not as family friendly as the people in the documentary think, so I can’t share all of it with my kids yet. Little clips and my storytelling will have to do, though I was thinking of searching for the movie transcript, too!

The youngest boy wanted to take a walking stick with him as we made our way over to a local ranch and back. He gave the street signs a bit of a whack as we passed them, and the ones with holes in them chimed rather than making a clunk. Nice! 🙂

You don’t live somewhere where the locals shoot holes in them do you Rebecca? There used to be some around here but that was when guns were more accessible and the teenagers could get at them (not violence) 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!