Need new girl friends!

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Need new girl friends!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rhonda333 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m Tanya and I’m looking for new girl friends. Anyone in the north Louisiana area on here?? Looking for some true girl friends that would wanna go out drinking, shopping, workout, or maybe play video games with :). I’m tired of flakey and shady “friends” that always wanna cancel last minute on our plans, either bc they have bad anxiety or mental problems. I have social anxiety somewhat but I like to go out every now and then. I’ve dealt with some shady people and since I’ve turned 30 I’ve decided to cut a few so called friends outta my life bc they were asking for money all the time or using me. Would like to find a woman that is loyal, dependable, and generous. I have even had a few female roommates and we never really became good friends other than hanging out or bar hopping a few times, bc well, Idk I guess it was our lifestyle difference or they just came out with their true shady colors. They also move off and we part ways. I have a boyfriend but we cannot always talk about certain things and I cannot vent about some things lol. I would rather talk to girls about certain things that some men can’t grasp lol. I know it maybe by a long shot on this forum but if any women are close to my area around ages late 20s to early 30s then maybe we can meetup for coffee or something. If you live over an hour away, that’s cool too maybe we can become pen pals if we have similar interests.

Hi Tanya

Online friends can be pretty useful too. You turn them on when you want company and off when you…….

I know the feeling. Unfortunately, I live in Britain but I could still be your online friend! But I know you want girlfriends in the flesh. Are there any clubs or groups you could join? I do think like attracts like. So if you want sporty girlfriends, become a sporty person. Avoid meeting people in areas of mental health difficulties: they’ll just be the same friends as you’ve suffered. You could take up an educational class, such as a painting class or a book group: that kind of thing. Good luck.

1 member liked this post:

@ acherrystone Not sure what you mean.

I know the feeling. Unfortunately, I live in Britain but I could still be your online friend! But I know you want girlfriends in the flesh. Are there any clubs or groups you could join? I do think like attracts like. So if you want sporty girlfriends, become a sporty person. Avoid meeting people in areas of mental health difficulties: they’ll just be the same friends as you’ve suffered. You could take up an educational class, such as a painting class or a book group: that kind of thing. Good luck.

Well I do go to yoga classes every now and then and have a friend that actually teaches them, but most the time everyone pretty much keeps to themselves and we really don’t have time to socialize. The friend that teaches yoga classes is married and has a family now and we don’t really hang out outside of the classes at all. She was a friend thru an ex of mine, so as time went on we kinda just went seperate ways but still keep in touch. I’m not really sporty but do like to workout and jog sometimes. There is a local running group I’m on on facebook, but they usually meet while I’m at work or very early in the morn. And I’m not a 6 am running person lol. Clubs? Not sure what clubs to join at my age that actually meet up lol. I’m on the bumble bff app right now that lets you chat with girls, but nobody wants to exchange contact info or do anything further than the app, like they vanish and fall off the face of the earth and stop responding. (Nothing like the dating apps and sites I was on when I was single, you didn’t have to say much to guys and most wanted to meet in person or exchange numbers.)

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  adelpurp87.

Hi Tanya, I’d be happy to be your cyber friend. All you have to do is keep posting. As far as real life, I suggest looking for a book club- at least you will meet intelligent people. I’m also in a gardening club. Really quite fascinating. We have a business meeting once a month (with wine an social) and then once or twice a month through the season we visit somebodies garden- usually with more wine. Then there is, of course, The Wine Club.

@ Rhonda333, I’m not much of a reader and don’t believe we have any book clubs in my area. But I could look on the Meetup app and look for local clubs. I know there’s a lot of things like that in New York where you live huh?

Now wine, I’m big on wine lol. Wish I could find a wine club here haha.

Tanya, your profile does not say where you are. Granted NYC has clubs for everything- but remember, you don’t have to be interested in books, gardening, or what ever. You’re there to socialize and meet people. Hell, you could joint the local cigar club for that matter. So don’t sit at home with a “woe is me” attitude. Go out and find a group. Photography is another club. Then there is church- all that’s required is belief in God. Good luck dear- I wish you were here and I could take you with me.

Tanya, your profile does not say where you are. Granted NYC has clubs for everything- but remember, you don’t have to be interested in books, gardening, or what ever. You’re there to socialize and meet people. Hell, you could joint the local cigar club for that matter. So don’t sit at home with a “woe is me” attitude. Go out and find a group. Photography is another club. Then there is church- all that’s required is belief in God. Good luck dear- I wish you were here and I could take you with me.

I am in northern Louisiana. We have stuff to do. But it’s a little big town if ya know what I mean. I’m pretty shy and I have social anxiety to an extent. So it’s a challenge to me to go out to bars and stuff by myself to meet people. I like to go out to bars but only if I’m intentionally meeting someone there, meeting someone from online or riding with friends. I’ve always had a hard time making friends. But online dating and all that makes it way easier to meet people.

You know I think I am in a local photography group on Meetup. Not sure if its for advanced people that have a digital camera or not, but I’ve been hesitant to meet with them. I’ll have to check if they have regular meetings or had one recently.

Social anxiety is awful, adelpurp87, but do remember you’re not alone: other people get nervous in social situations, too. Anyhow, I agree with Rhonda333: you are at any club to meet people and don’t need to be 100% passionate about whatever the club specializes in. It is important to not make reasons to not go somewhere unless there is a very good reason. You could join a wine group or a book group: even if you only drink 1 glass a week or read only occasionally. Don’t make up reasons. Anyhow, I don’t mean to sound patronizing, but good luck and bite the bullet.

Northern Louisiana might be a little tough to find a social group. Maybe try your local Chamber of Commerce site and look for ‘clubs and organizations”. I even joined an orchid growing group one time until I discovered it was mostly old women (like me). Kitty is absolutely right.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!