New Design: Comments, Questions, Updates

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab New Design: Comments, Questions, Updates

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Martin 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Please keep all feedback, suggestions, bug reports, and discussion about the new design in this forum thread. I’ll be checking it often and contributing to it regularly in response to questions and comments, and to keep you updated with ongoing progress.

Ok, one thing to add to your list of a million things to do: the sex forum is visible to guests. Apart from that, it’s looking great! Liking word press.

Thanks for the feedback, Souxi. I fixed the sex forum so it’s only visible to logged in users as before.

Have to say that I wasn’t expecting WP (WordPress) for the new one.  I was expecting something invision/vbulletin/xenforo.  But in the end I’m glad to see it because thats my main blog platform.  I for one really love to see the WP sharing features with ones blog/s and social media networking platforms/sites.  Like I have with my blog here.  At the same time looking back that I wish you give yourself two wks with this instead of one.

Have to say that I wasn’t expecting WP (WordPress) for the new one. I was expecting something invision/vbulletin/xenforo. But in the end I’m glad to see it because thats my main blog platform. I for one really love to see the WP sharing features with ones blog/s and social media networking platforms/sites. Like I have with my blog here. At the same time looking back that I wish you give yourself two wks with this instead of one.

Back yet again with another.  I’m also wondering whatever happen to signature part of it.

Introducing signatures is definitely on the list. Stay tuned.

Completed today:

* Uploaded our shiny new logo (thanks, kiwi!)
    * View New Posts Since Last Visit button on forum homepage
    * Multiple options for viewing recent forum content added to ‘Forum’ drop down menu in main navigation bar
    * Post reply / post topic box given an outline to make more prominent
    * Feature added to allow attachment of images and other files to posts
    * Added Emojis to the forum (make sure you have the ‘Visual’ tab selected, then click the smiley face icon)
    * Fixed glitch that forced new members to use their name rather than a username when registering
    * Added prompts to encourage visitors to register when viewing forums
    * Fixed contact form
    * Added measures to prevent/reduce spam registrations
    * Added a ‘Report’ link to the bottom of all forum posts to allow for easy reporting of spam / inappropriate content
    * Minor design tweaks

Still to come:

* Forum signatures
    * Fix ‘page not found’ that appears when trying to visit a page that requires a visitor to be logged in, to prompt the user to log in
    * Continue importing articles and associated images, and create redirects to update any links that point to older content
    * Update mobile logo
    * Additional design/functionality as needed and/or suggested

Just a couple of comments:

Mostly very good but I have noticed that the system clock is on GMT rather than British Summertime. This is not a problem for me as I am aware that peoples clocks are different anyway so generally only work to relative times when considering other members.

I also notice that when clicking on a new response to a post, in view new posts, navigation takes me to the beginning of the thread rather than the post (or last unread post).

Just logged on for the first time and it looks really good. Tried to change my password to something I could remember but the system wouldn’t let me do it. For current password I entered the one emailed to me to get in for the first time. I presume that was correct?

Will have a good look around now

Martin this is very strange. I shall try and explain it as best I can.

When I have either made a post, or replied to a post, or sent a pm, I am logged OUT afterwards. Then I try to log back in again and cant. BUT…if I click on a topic, I find that I am logged IN. Not sure if I’m explaining this very well. It’s one of those things that’s easier to see rather than try and explain. It’s the same whether I use safari or google chrome. Very odd. Does it make sense? Btw even though they both now run on WP this doesn’t happen on JC, just here.

Ok….after I,posted this, I clicked on the forum tab at the top of the page, to take me back to main page and I was logged out. Now when I have posted this,I shall do the same thing, and it will say I’m logged OUT again. Have we got gremlins?!

😱😱😱😱😱👻👻👻👻

Mostly very good but I have noticed that the system clock is on GMT rather than British Summertime.

Right now there is no way to allow members to set a timezone preference. Hopefully this will be available in the future.

I also notice that when clicking on a new response to a post, in view new posts, navigation takes me to the beginning of the thread rather than the post (or last unread post).

If you click the purple ‘>’ icon alongside a thread title that has new replies, it will take you to the newest reply. If you see the badge ‘unread’ alongside a thread title, it means you haven’t read any of that thread, so clicking the title will take you to the first post. Does that make sense?

Just logged on for the first time and it looks really good. Tried to change my password to something I could remember but the system wouldn’t let me do it.

You shouldn’t have any trouble changing your password once you are logged in. Did you see an error message when you tried to change your password? If so, what did it say?

When I have either made a post, or replied to a post, or sent a pm, I am logged OUT afterwards. Then I try to log back in again and cant. BUT…if I click on a topic, I find that I am logged IN.

That is very odd and it’s something I cannot replicate. What indication do you have that you have been logged out after making a post? Is anyone else having this issue?

Introducing signatures is definitely on the list. Stay tuned. Completed today: * Uploaded our shiny new logo (thanks, kiwi!) * View New Posts Since Last Visit button on forum homepage * Post New Topic button added on every forum category page * Multiple options for viewing recent forum content added to ‘Forum’ drop down menu in main navigation bar * Post reply / post topic box given an outline to make more prominent * Feature added to allow attachment of images and other files to posts * Added Emojis to the forum (make sure you have the ‘Visual’ tab selected, then click the smiley face icon) * Fixed glitch that forced new members to use their name rather than a username when registering * Added prompts to encourage visitors to register when viewing forums * Fixed contact form * Added measures to prevent/reduce spam registrations * Added a ‘Report’ link to the bottom of all forum posts to allow for easy reporting of spam / inappropriate content * Minor design tweaks Still to come: * Forum signatures * Fix ‘page not found’ that appears when trying to visit a page that requires a visitor to be logged in, to prompt the user to log in * Continue importing articles and associated images, and create redirects to update any links that point to older content * Update mobile logo * Additional design/functionality as needed and/or suggested

What’s ur plans for any additional colors/designs/layouts to make ff even better.  At the same time please fix the search part of ff as well.  Since it never has worked for me as of yet.

Have you ever thought about turning this into of a emagazine/periodical as well. Since its got at least foundations of one/s. Especially making it more of a bilingual, so on, and so on.

Mostly very good but I have noticed that the system clock is on GMT rather than British Summertime.

Right now there is no way to allow members to set a timezone preference. Hopefully this will be available in the future.

If you click the purple ‘>’ icon alongside a thread title that has new replies, it will take you to the newest reply. If you see the badge ‘unread’ alongside a thread title, it means you haven’t read any of that thread, so clicking the title will take you to the first post. Does that make sense?

Thank you Martin 🙂

Hi Martin. I’ve tried again this morning to change my password and it won’t let me. I used the password I was sent to log in first time onto the new site and then entered the new password I wanted. I get an error message – current password invalid, no changes have been made to your account.

Can you suggest a work around? Thanks

What’s ur plans for any additional colors/designs/layouts to make ff even better. At the same time please fix the search part of ff as well. Since it never has worked for me as of yet.

No plans to add new designs or layouts — this is the new design! What problems are you having with the search function?

Have you ever thought about turning this into of a emagazine/periodical as well. Since its got at least foundations of one/s. Especially making it more of a bilingual, so on, and so on.

I don’t have the resources to translate the site. What are your ideas regarding an emagazine/periodical?

Hi Martin. I’ve tried again this morning to change my password and it won’t let me. I used the password I was sent to log in first time onto the new site and then entered the new password I wanted. I get an error message – current password invalid, no changes have been made to your account.

Can you suggest a work around? Thanks

I’m sending you a PM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!