Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » New home workouts/recipes?

New home workouts/recipes?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone!

My name is Taylor, and my husband and I are looking to find a new workout regimen. We both have pretty busy schedules so we want to find something that isn’t too time consuming but delivers results. Preferably something we can do at home. We already eat fairly clean.

What are your favorite workouts? Favorite healthy, quick meals? I would love to hear!

Thanks!

Taylor

Welcome Taylor!

I love pilates and dancing workouts, I usually will purchase workout DVDs from Ebay and then will sell them back on Ebay when I get bored of them.

In terms of eating I just try to cut out processed foods. I go for more vegetables over of grains. We got in a phase of eating paleo and really liked the recipes from, Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals.

Hi there… We cycle daily, do a few lengths in the pool and that’s about it really….

I try to eat healthy… I am all over the place at the moment as I am trying to eat alkaline and attempting to avoid high cholesterol foods.

I do a self designed 10 minute work out in the mornings. It does me fine. I also do dog walking.

Try pop pilates. It actually burns calories more like calisthetics because she pushes you so hard but you get great results!

She has loads of quick ten minute videos, but try this one to start – Blogilates

You guys are awesome! Thanks so much. I’ve done Blogilates in the past and absolutely loved it, but I forgot about it until just now. Thanks, @Papillio!

@acherrystone, what kind of workouts do you include?

@SocialGirl, eating healthy seems to be so difficult for us. We make chicken and want pasta, haha. I do love swimming and biking though! It’s a little cold where I live right now, but maybe in the spring? And an indoor pool…

@kiwi, the eBay idea is awesome! Thank you! My husband wants to eat Paleo so I’ll have to check it out.

Hi Taylor!

Seeing both your husband and yourself have tight schedules, have you looked into Insanity Max:30- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-max-30-workout.do It’s created by Shaun T and is 30 minutes long. Seeing eating healthy is a struggle for you, it also has a meal plan that is super helpful. I loved when I did Insanity and expecting to get Max:30 soon.

I do yoga YouTube videos.

It is all about tummy, hips, back and bum. With my job I am prone to back ache, so I am hot on looking after my back with stretches and exercises.

I don’t do arms as my job is heavy on my wrists, and I don’t do anything too leggy as arthritis is an easy get from jumping and running.

I do isometrics on my tum. I do hip extensions. Leg lifts. Crunches. Back stretching in five different ways. Mountain climber. I finish with 5 push ups and a single crush to relax my spine.

It is all about tummy, hips, back and bum. With my job I am prone to back ache, so I am hot on looking after my back with stretches and exercises.

I don’t do arms as my job is heavy on my wrists, and I don’t do anything too leggy as arthritis is an easy get from jumping and running.

I do isometrics on my tum. I do hip extensions. Leg lifts. Crunches. Back stretching in five different ways. Mountain climber. I finish with 5 push ups and a single crush to relax my spine.

Thanks so much! All great ideas. My wrists tend to bother me often too, so I’ll try these out!

Hi Taylor!

Seeing both your husband and yourself have tight schedules, have you looked into Insanity Max:30- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-max-30-workout.do It’s created by Shaun T and is 30 minutes long. Seeing eating healthy is a struggle for you, it also has a meal plan that is super helpful. I loved when I did Insanity and expecting to get Max:30 soon.

My friend just told me about max 30 and I really want to check it out! It’s definitely more appealing since it’s only 30 minutes, and the meal plan is such a great addition!

Thanks so much! All great ideas. My wrists tend to bother me often too, so I’ll try these out!

If your wrists are weak and you want to do mountain climber or push ups, then support yourself with fists, and taking your weight on your knuckles. It takes the strain off your wrists very effectively.

There are many healthy, quick to prepare cookbooks. I eat lots of vegetables. I find jar sauces jazz up boring vegetable and rice meals. Noodles are a great source of nutrients, too. I do think that carbohydrates can be healthy in the right quantity. For desserts, you could always choose low-fat yogurts and treat yourself to nuts for snacks. There are also low-fat cheeses available. Do also be aware of hidden sugar in your food. I do hope I’ve helped! Also, yoga is a great way to get fit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!