Home » Topics » Getting Started » Introductions » New Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Good Morning Everyone!
    I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Denise and I just joined this forum. I’m 63 yrs old, my husband and I will be married 21 years in July. I have three step sons, but my youngest step son was killed tragically in a motorcycle accident in 2017. We also have an orange tabby cat Oliver who will be 12 in August. Oliver is the most spoiled cat ever and is so lovable. I enjoy cooking, walking and other exercises, reading, going on day trips, and time spent with family. I’m a homemaker, and my husband is a retired letter carrier. I’m so glad to have found this forum. looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Greetings from Colorful Colorado, Denise! You’ve found a friendly bunch. This site was undergoing some updates/changes behind the scenes, and we had almost given up on it. The “read the new posts since last visit” functionality seems to have broken since the update, which is somewhat annoying. I look forward to reading your perspectives and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Denise, welcome!
    It’s good to meet a new member. As Test mentions, there have been a few glitches with the site recently so if you are getting problems it may well not be your computer. There are still a few of us here but it is at a low at the moment. Forum use is a little up and down over the years.

It’s greetings from me in the Uk. I am sorry to hear about the motorcycle accident. I used to ride little ones back in my teens and just after so am aware of how dangerous it can be. My eldest (stepson) used to ride one for miles. Luckily he had changed to a car before he had any knocks except for a little deer once which was only minor. My yougest never liked them, or even cars, but he has a car license.

Thank you Test and Jen for the warm welcome. New forums always take getting used to, so I’m trying to learn my way around here.

Oops, I just saw this thread now. Sorry I didn’t welcome you here yet! Let’s change that…

A big welcome to you, Denise! 🙂 Glad you’ve joined us, and hope you find your way around well despite our current issues with functionality. I pop into the monthly thread the most, then also put in regular and strange holidays into the Weird Holidays thread. I’ve got email notifications set on most threads where I’ve commented so that I get updates, which is helping me navigate these days.

Have fun here! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!