New Styles

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’ve changed my personal style lately, I had my hair cut shorter on Sunday, and I’ve been wearing more dresses.  I’ve had compliments from this one, but also some people criticizing its design and suggesting I need a cinch belt.  Oh well, I guess it does make my waist look a little wide, but it’s comfortable.  I’m feeling better about myself not wearing pants all the time and showing my legs more.

Attachments:
    5 users liked this post:

Very nice, Mamie!  It could be that your left arm is pulling the waist higher, making you look short-waisted.

1 member liked this post:

I like that. It is a dress I would wear, although personally more likely as a skirt and top and wear the top outside the skirt to lower the waistline. Yes, I would agree that a belt would effectively do a similar thing. To me, it does give the look of a high waist, but the photo looks to be taken from a low angle so making it appear more-so than it is. It’s an interesting time of year to show this as I am thinking more to pants now the winter is coming, after wearing dresses and skirts all summer lol

Nice dress ,, I wore  one quite similar for my daughters wedding. Mine was slightly longer and more flared (it was a rock and roll wedding) but I have to say I put a belt on and it really did finish the dress off..

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  cassandra.

I love wearing dresses and skirts, as well. I try to wear trousers a lot less often these days: they are boring and predictable. No: you look great! It is definitely worth dressing up: even if you’re not going anywhere special. Why shouldn’t fashion be enjoyed? Have fun with your style! Being expressive and creative with clothing is wonderful.

You’re so pretty!

Hi Mamie, lovely outfit but yes some sort of belt would set it off even better. Large florals are definitely in vogue now, I have several dresses with them on and love the look. Mikki x

i wear shorts and half cut off t shirts most of time. i like to wear mini dresses or skirts on night dates to be more stylish.

Well, I am wearing my short NEXT skirt today. I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE dresses and skirts.

Women’s fashion is amazing. I actually bought my sister a pair of black high heels for her birthday. I was tempted to keep them for myself!

Anyhow, florals are a beautiful design. I will happily wear floral prints. These days I happily go all-out fashion wise. I don’t care what anyone thinks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!