Home » Topics » Getting Started » Introductions » New to Female Forum

New to Female Forum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello, All!

Rhonda thought that I might be interested in this forum, and she was right!  It was a bit of a rough road getting on board (pardon the pun), but I’m here now.  Thanks, Martin!

There’s really not much to say at this point other than I’m an IT professional who enjoys cooking and baking.  I’m married to a man who is no stranger to the kitchen, so it remains fun for both of us.  After all, having to do it, day in and day out, becomes a chore.

We also enjoy dining out and attempt to experience new restaurants on a regular basis.  I also like walking/hiking, swimming and road trips.  I’m always trying new things, improving upon my culinary skills.

In time, through posts, you all will get to know me better.  Until then, I’ll enjoy getting to know you as well.

Cheers!

Hi 🙂

Welcome to the forum. Call me Jen. I like cooking as well as walking / hiking, although prefer cycling across the countryside when I get chance (and the weather is good lol).

Hi Test and welcome to the forum. I very much admire people who cook- not being one myself. But I suppose you have to have someone to cook for to have any point in it. All I have is the cat- but his tastes are cosmopolitan and he will try anything I cook. You should see him handling noodles- well drenched with Thai  fish sauce. They are not bad- really.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jen.  I admire those who can do other sports.  I have balance issues, so I’d be falling off that bike all the time.  LOL

Rhonda, even when I was single, I cooked for myself.  Sure, I had leftovers, but I could freeze those for a later time.

Baking, on the other hand, is something I cannot do for myself.  Almost everything I bake is either for some sort of pot luck or someone’s birthday.  I rarely keep it in the house.  Sure, I’ll have a taste…just to see if it’s something I’ll ever make again.  Even if I don’t like it, someone else will.

That’s the beauty of using your coworkers as guinea pigs.  If I bake something truly wonderful, I don’t have it all to myself.  If I don’t, I’m not stuck with anything I don’t like.

Welcome to the forum,

I, myself have recently joined! Still finding my feet, as I’m sure you are too!

I look forward to seeing you around and chat with you soon.

Nikki x

Thank you, Nikki.

Welcome to these forums, TestDummyC! I do cooking myself: although I do cook with my sister, rather than doing it on my own. To explain: I have my own apartment, but live near my dad’s house. I usually go over every evening to help my sister do the cooking [she lives with my dad]. I have learnt a lot over the years. I enjoy preparing meat and veg. I seldom cut myself, thankfully!

Anyhow, welcome here and I look forward to reading your posts!

Thanks for the welcome, Kit.  I seldom cut myself as well;  however, when I do it’s pretty bad.

HI. Welcome to the forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!