Our lovely pets

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kez 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

cat

I was expecting some dog or so but then saw a chicken head

Full of surprises!

yes it did turn out to be quite detailed. i didnt even know they had eye lashes until i looked at that!

Hi
    I now have 3 dogs. I must admit Ive always been a dog person but never intended to get 3.
    When max passed away in 2001 I said I could never have or love another dog but then someone got into our house while we were sleeping and my OH persuded me to have another dog. So Oscar came he was an 8 mth old border collie very badly mistreated by his previous owners. He was scared of everything and very weak, he is now 8 and blossomed into a fantasic dog and wonderful friend.

Next came Benny a beagle he was 11 mths when we got him. He was bought as a lap dog and when he didnt meet the owners expectations they beat the c*** out of him. He is now also 8 and the laziest dog on earth he sleeps all day yet has muscles on his muscles!

Then came Remy, his name means alone in the world which is how we found him abandoned in a field near the motorway eating bugs and un-ripe potato’s to survive.
    Soon after he got here we noticed some problems with him so we took him to our vet who diagnosed brain damage, by his flinching and timid behaviour its looks as if he has been battered as well and he took one too many hits. He functions ok day to day he is just very slow at picking things up and his co-ordination is a bit off sometimes. Remy is now 4, but he is my forever puppy..sitting on my lap as I type cos he’s scared of the rainstorm outside.

I love these boys of mine dearly.

I can never understand owners who beat their animals. Such people shouldn’t be allowed the privilage of owning a pet. >:(

If you’d like to post some pics of your pets, there is a picture thread here. We’d love to see your doggies. 🙂

https://www.femaleforum.com/forums/viewthread/1102/

cat

Hi
    I now have 3 dogs. I must admit Ive always been a dog person but never intended to get 3.
    When max passed away in 2001 I said I could never have or love another dog but then someone got into our house while we were sleeping and my OH persuded me to have another dog. So Oscar came he was an 8 mth old border collie very badly mistreated by his previous owners. He was scared of everything and very weak, he is now 8 and blossomed into a fantasic dog and wonderful friend.

Next came Benny a beagle he was 11 mths when we got him. He was bought as a lap dog and when he didnt meet the owners expectations they beat the c*** out of him. He is now also 8 and the laziest dog on earth he sleeps all day yet has muscles on his muscles!

Then came Remy, his name means alone in the world which is how we found him abandoned in a field near the motorway eating bugs and un-ripe potato’s to survive.
    Soon after he got here we noticed some problems with him so we took him to our vet who diagnosed brain damage, by his flinching and timid behaviour its looks as if he has been battered as well and he took one too many hits. He functions ok day to day he is just very slow at picking things up and his co-ordination is a bit off sometimes. Remy is now 4, but he is my forever puppy..sitting on my lap as I type cos he’s scared of the rainstorm outside.

I love these boys of mine dearly.

Your storys about you ‘babies’ as bought a tear to my eye, esp Remy. The people who do this to animals really make me feel sick, with so much anger i can never put it into words, this is a cause i am so protectively passionate about.

Our pets are so trusting, they rely upon us to take care of them, its pretty hard for them to offend a human, so why lash out at them, there is no rhyme or reason to other than the person in question being completely inhuman and unfit to be living indepndantly.

I know the RSPCA do what they can, but they are limited by funds and limited by the law. I personally think all the other charities we have, chldren in need, red nose day are championed by the media, with their yearly donations of millions and monthly ad’s they do very well, which is why i only give to the anmials (&occastional;to cancer funds).
    As for the law, if the law can protect children or are deemed vunerable & cannot speak for themselves then animals most definately come under the same catagory, but when something happens the owner is banned(sometimes) from owning an animal for a few years and thats just about it!. theres something very wrong.

I two have 2 cats. the 1st one felix was unwanted, so loving and very gentle he certainly has a super life now and i think the world of him, but he was lonely on his own when we were out durring the day, so we got ‘a pet for our pet’ and found junior 3 month old kitten for him (&us;!). Something happened to him before we had him because he spent the 1st few weeks in hiding, would let us smoothe him or fuss at all, one noise and he jumped a mile!. a couple of months on and although he still goes into hiding from time to time, he now likes to visit us in bed, loves loads of fuss and purrs as if hes running on diesel!, he runns around chatting to himself & is a right alittle character.

We have home many cats who have since died, one of which was beaten and although he slowly became less timid he never regained complete trust and did occastionally lash out if he saw a hand comming towards his face.

But on the whole, animals are so trusting, lovely little souls and really do derve more protection!

kez

Hi all, I must admit that i am a great animal lover – to the point that i dont know when to stop!! So far i have a dog, a cat, 3 ferrets, 6 mice, a 3ft tank of tropical fish, 2 goldfish, a hermit crab, a giant land snail, a bearded dragon, and my newest pet is a 2mth old royal python which i just got today! I used to have 2 dogs, but i had to have my old collie, storm, put to sleep on the 2nd of april this year. She had been diabetic for nearly a year, but we were really strugging to get her insulin levels right. In the end her heart failed, and i had to do what was right for her. I had her cremated, though havent been able to bury her yetas i like having her close to me. I found it really difficult afterwards because my life for nearly a year had been centered around storms jags and feeding routine, and i suppose if im honest, i still feel a bit lost without her. I had her mum, Kym, and storm was born into my hands and she was like my first born in a lot of ways.
    I know a lot of people [mostly those without dogs] would struggle to understand how the death of an animal can affect you so bad, but they are family at the end of the day, and i just want everyone to know just how special she was, and will always be to me.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings about a very special member of my family!!! XXXXXX 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!