Our new family member

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Lake District 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I have always wished to have a bird; just like yours but my DH too is having an issue with it. I wish to have a talking bird which learns to talk. I have seen amazing videos on YouTube in which these birds are very talkative.

You’re so lucky to get a parrot! I’d love one but my husband hates birds. I’m still trying to get a finch πŸ™‚

My friend has an African Grey for like 10 years bow, he’s so smart. They are really attached, like dog and human. This took a while though as birds are cautious at first.

You’re so lucky to get a parrot! I’d love one but my husband hates birds. I’m still trying to get a finch πŸ™‚

My friend has an African Grey for like 10 years bow, he’s so smart. They are really attached, like dog and human. This took a while though as birds are cautious at first.

Thanks Basil is getting to be quite a favorite.. Hes got almost all his feathers back now and is becoming quite friendly.. Each week shows improvement and Im so glad he came to us..

Attached files

I just thought Id update on this..

Basil is now a fully fledged family member ,, He loves Oscar and quite often throws Oscar a nut sometimes when he flies he will land on Oscar who really doesnt seem to mind at all..

He is good with me and loves OH the nasty bad tempered, snapping, bitey bird we took in last june is all but unrecognisable.
    His feathers have come back and he is so much stronger, his acrobatics keep us amused as well as his whistling and talking . We know he can talk but he still only really dares to talk if we are out of the room or at the very least out of his eyeline..

I think its only a matter of time before he trusts us enough to talk to us though.. Im really proud of the progress he has made.. He is a lovely bird and didnt deserve to be treated the way he was..

Here are some of the latest photos getting his Christmas gift and having love time with OH…

Attached files

Nice to see you let Basil and your OH out of their cages for xmas hehehe, but seriously Basil looks great.

is it love, love, love….LMAO – cute!

Ah….. that is cute, what a lucky guy he is and Cassandra aren’t you glad he adopted you and your hubby. πŸ™‚

What a beautiful bird! Have you managed to toilet train him yet? πŸ˜‰

What a beautiful bird! Have you managed to toilet train him yet? πŸ˜‰

Ha ha… joking aside we have a piece of lino under his cage and when hes out if he needs to poop he goes to the edge of the perch and does it so it drops on the lino!..

As yet he has never pooped while OH has been holding him either.. I think he can be toilet trained , hes still very young..

@kamille .. Yes I think we are very lucky to have him around ..:-)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!