Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/paint-me-the-colours-of-the-rainbow/

My poem “Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow” has been read over 1000 times on a website [different to the link’s website]. This is because I have 70 of my poems posted onto Allpoetry.com [which is the other website]. Poemhunter.com is great, too. I have been using it for years now. It is a great way to get one’s work out there and into the public eye. If you’re good at poetry, why not do so yourself? I’ll tell you, I’m not embarrassed about my poetry: like some are. I write mainstream work. I don’t really write about myself: just issues that affect others. I think taking out the personal element is very important. No one wants to read my sob story. I think if you use Poemhunter.com, you need to heed this advice. You want personality in your work of course, with something that sparks familarity with readers at the same time.

Anyhow, I just love writing poems: I don’t know why. I suppose because it is therapeutic. I love the English language: both the written and spoken word. Even as a little girl I was into literature. I also LOVE music, but that is another story!

Anyhow, enjoy the poem. I just love the colours and textures of this poem. I think it speaks from the heart. It is fun and happy, too. I hope you enjoy it!

Getting an error message when I follow the link

The link works for me. But Oh my, I do not like that computer voice on the red. It spoils the whole poem.

It’s was better if I quoted the rest in my head.

Well done Kitkat. Awesome work.

It works for me too. A lovely poem. One of your best works, in my opinion.

Ok tried again last night and it worked.. and yes it was well worth the wait.

I enjoyed and identified with many of the colour descriptions

I’m glad you’re all enjoying “Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow”! It was such fun to write: it is a fun poem. It doesn’t exactly follow the rules of poetry but it is still well formatted and constructed.

I suppose there is colour in my soul and I wanted to write a poem that expressed those colours. I like to be inventive and consider myself an artist. I couldn’t paint the rainbow, so I painted a rainbow with words. This is because I love paints and colours and textures.

Anyhow, I am glad you all enjoyed reading my poem!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!