Password Security

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

This is getting crazy.  I keep getting these notices also and it had me concerned.   I am glad that I saw this post and that I am not the only one.   At first it just seemed like someone was set on hacking my profile.  Could this just be a system malfunction?

I also received one either yesterday or day before. So far so good.

I received two more emails saying someone has tried to reset my password.

I don’t buy it.

I got 11 (11) password reset emails today

if they don’t stop, I am just going to stop using the site as I don’t feel safe, simple as that.

and I have not seen 1 thing from the admins on this. really not good, when it should be up to the admins to ensure the forum is safe, and that issues are looked at

if they don’t stop, I am just going to stop using the site as I don’t feel safe, simple as that.

and I have not seen 1 thing from the admins on this. really not good, when it should be up to the admins to ensure the forum is safe, and that issues are looked at

Im not even sure who admins are except for Martin..

I havent had any of these  emails so it does seem to be random.

Im not even sure who admins are except for Martin..

I havent had any of these emails so it does seem to be random.

well: that just about says it all, we don’t know who the admins are, so who do we go to if we have a concern.

do we even know when the last time martin was on here?

I received four such emails yesterday.  It’s annoying, but I’m not that concerned about it.  I use a freemail address for this site and others that aren’t for legitimate business, like banking, et al.  I have several freemail addresses that I use for games, forums, social media, etc.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  TestDummyCO.

I tend to delegate different addresses too. I have not really kept track but have noticed a couple of emails. I wouldn’t be surprised if these were from internet robots trawling their way trying accounts. I am surprised there is no admin attempt to block this, if so. Not really a problem if you use a good secure password, and, as Test implies, keep social away from business. Don’t forget that this happens everywhere but, maybe, admin are more pro-active elsewhere on limiting the intrusion. Another thing to notice, from time to time, that there are suddenly lots of new members overnight who never post or anything. I think this is a similar phenomenon.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!