Pretty Woman

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rachel 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

An old film, but an utter classic. I watched “Pretty Woman” on DVD last night. I do love that film. I also watched “Coyote Ugly” on DVD. Another film I love and find inspiring.

What is your favourite romance film? How many times over the years have you watched “Pretty Woman”?

Just a thread to add interest!

I do like pretty woman, its corny literal knight in shining amour thing but its fun,

I also like Notting hill and Love actually but if youre looking for classic I recently saw Brief Encounter on tv again.. Now that is a classic tale of love and desire but with old fashioned morals and constraint…

I watch You’ve Got Mail at least 2-3 times a year.  Almost any Nora Ephron movie has nearly endless rewatch value.

I like “Pretty Woman” as well…a modern Pygmalion/My Fair Lady theme.

Looking at the technology in “Pretty Woman” makes you realize how time moves on. In one scene Richard Gere uses a cell phone: it’s huge and chunky. Today phones are so small. Even the cars in “Coyote Ugly” are ancient: and the film was made in the early 90’s. How car technology has changed!

Looking back, I am glad to have time move forward and to use all the technology I now use. I am glad car safety has increased in our modern cars. We didn’t have all the safety features back then: and yet we didn’t realize it. Even now electric cars are going to replace all petrol cars. This will be a guarantee in a few years time. EVERYONE will have electric powered cars.

I realize this is changing the subject matter of the thread, but felt compelled to add these comments!

Have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty!

1 member liked this post:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!