Promotions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just got a huuuge promotion at work this week … not a change in my job role or function, just a back-office change to my employee category so I could get a raise.  It’s my first time ever getting a five-figure raise at one time, and it’s funny because I was thinking about how my raise this year was more than my annual salary at my first job.

My boss did a lot of work to get this for me.  She knows how much I do, and she’s always advocating for me.  I feel it’s extremely important to have a good boss, someone who understands you and cares about you.  I feel it’s also so great having a woman boss, someone who understands what it’s like and has been in your place herself.

I wish more women would help each other out career-wise.  Once some of us get up there, we need to do everything we can to help lift the others up, because God knows we have a lot in our way.

Congratulations, Mamie!  People in general nowadays only want to claw their way up to the top, stepping on and forgetting those they leave behind.  It’s not good enough that they are successful…they have to be more successful than anyone around them.

Congratulations…

Congratulations Mamie! I am glad things are working well for you.

Good for you, Mamie! I am very pleased for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!