Public transport

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Public transport

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bab

Argh! I was forced to use public transport today for the first time in a long time to go into town as the car is being repaired. Let’s just say it was an experience I never want to do again – particularly with a four year old in tow!

My plan was to go into town with my youngest on the bus, then get another bus back and pick up my 6 year old from school.

Going into town wasn’t too bad, and I was actually wondering why I didn’t get the bus more often. Well, the trip to pick up my daughter brought reality home – the bus was packed solid. Talk about feeling like a sardine in a can! By the time we got on, it was standing room only and nobody even offered their seat to me even though it was clear I was struggling with my youngest.

If they want more people to get buses, they need to make them more frequent at peak times. Oh, and they also need to make them cheaper!!!!

The last time I got public transport was when I went to shcool. As soon as I passed my test I said goodbye to public transport and dont miss it one bit!

I don’t go on public transport unless I really have to.

Won’t mind when the kids are older,but trying to juggle a baby, a toddler a buggy and perhaps shopping while people just gawp…….I’d rather stay home and keep my sanity! 😆

The public transport where I am is pretty good and it definitely saves you a lot of money after a night out, rather than paying for a taxi. That said, I would hate to imagine what it would be like during rush hour and having to juggle young kids!

Our buses are great! As we are so old we have passes, so we can have a drink sat. lunchtime and get the bus home, no drink driving, no taxis. We came home on one yesterday and it was like being on an outing. People helped a young mum with the pushchair and lifted a lady’s trolley on board. Had a laugh, everyone happy, mind you we are a market town don’t know about big towns.

I used to be indecisive, now I’m not sure.

bus choice in this area is not too bad & fairly frequent, but they are often held up & late because of so many cars parked on the roadside, causing single file traffic only.Fares are £2 a journey so rather expensive, but travel cards are cheaper & over 60s,& children school age & under travel free

As a non-driver I use public transport quite a lot. I think you have to do a little more planning than you would if you used a car, and I think its no good if you don’t live in a reasonable sized town, but I’m all for it and wish more people would use it.

As a non-driver I use public transport quite a lot. I think you have to do a little more planning than you would if you used a car, and I think its no good if you don’t live in a reasonable sized town, but I’m all for it and wish more people would use it.

Mookie, I agree with you I wish more people would use it! But I also live in a large city where it is easily accessible…I don’t understand how people use a car to get around New York City or even London? You then have to deal with traffic and trying to find parking which seems more like a hassle to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!