Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » QI & Insteresting Facts

QI & Insteresting Facts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone watch QI on BBC2? If not, it’s a show where the answers to the questions are ones you think you know, but it turns out you are wrong.

In any case, I think it would be a fun idea if everyone shares interesting facts they know in this topic. Who knows, we might all just learn something.

I’ll start: Water doesn’t actually freeze at zero degrees, rather that is the temperature that ice melts at.

I looove QI – watch the old ones on Dave as well. 🙂

Fact:

The Great Wall Myth

It is common mistake to say that The Great wall of China is visible from outer space. It is too thin to be noticed from such a great distance. Only two man made structures visible from space are: The Pyramids of Giza and the Hoover Dam.

The Pyramids Were White

The stereotypical vision of the Egyptian Pyramids are large mountain like brown piles of stone uprooting from the desert having a rough contour. Though when first constructed around 2500 BC. The pyramids were paper white and as smooth as glass, toping the pyramid was a golden capstone that gleamed in the desert sun. It was an amazing spectacle. The pyramids somewhat stayed in this state until the Arab invasion of Egypt around AD 500. The Arab invaders stripped the pyramid of it’s smooth limestone and built a huge section of Cairo. Many of the Mosques and Palaces of Cairo consist of the Ancient stones of the pyramids. Quite sad actually

I love QI, too. One question I remember was for the contestants to name a Lake in the Lake District. If I remember rightly, they said Lake Windermere wasn’t actually a lake.

Crazy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!