Re-kindling Old Friendship

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Love & Relationships Re-kindling Old Friendship

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have a wonderful friend named Frances. She and I went to school together. She was in the year above, but we became strong friends.

I met her for a cup of tea today, at a local cafe. We speak on the telephone every week. We now may be going to an arts & crafts group on a Tuesday morning. Her mum was kind enough to pay for my cup of tea. She is a lovely woman.

Frances is a dear friend and I won’t lose contact with her. I don’t hound her or anything, though! But we are in regular contact. I also have another close friend. She lives in a nearby town but we see each other once or twice a month. I usually catch the bus and we wander around the shops and the suchlike. A dear friend, too.

Friends will be friends.

2 users liked this post:

I love to hear that Kitty! It often seems like friends from school, and that period, make good friends. It sometimes surprises me that I can meet someone I have not seen for years and instantly feel relaxed with them.

1 member liked this post:

Hope things all good with you KitKatKitty, have private messaged you back!

I dont have anything like that, Im too far away and my life is now too different to have remained friends with anyone I went to school with although I do have a couple of people from that time on my FB page.

But today I got a lovely surprise. It was a phone call wishing me Happy Birthday from one of the ladies I used to look after as a home carer. Even after I stopped work I kept in touch and helped her out when she had to go into a nursing home after a fall. She is ok now back at home doing well and she has a home help again, it was just lovely to know that she remembered my birthday and took the time to phone and wish me well.

3 users liked this post:

That’s wonderful, cassandra. Having your birthday remembered naturally made you feel good! I’d be very flattered and pleased, too. It goes to show how people do remember good samaritans and remember good friends. Because friendship should be for life: I truly believe that.

Heartwarming. I hope one-day someone does the same for me.

I spoke to my close friend on the telephone last night: she is lovely. I also get on well with her mum, Anne. I phone every week and occasionally meet up.

Friends are important to me.

Another close friend is in hospital: I can’t say more than that. Obviously, I am deeply worried about her but don’t know what to say when I telephone her. Because she phoned me at 3am – yes, AM – and I was so out of it, I couldn’t answer the phone – the phone speaks the name of the caller – but I knew it was her.

To add to this story: I was supposed to meet her and stay the night on Halloween, but she was in hospital, so I couldn’t go to hers. But I made the mistake of texting her and suggesting we meet in the daytime instead.

I feel guilty and like I’ve let her down. I am too scared to phone her, too. What do I do? What do I tell her on the phone? I feel like a rubbish friend.

Another close friend is in hospital: I can’t say more than that. Obviously, I am deeply worried about her but don’t know what to say when I telephone her. Because she phoned me at 3am – yes, AM – and I was so out of it, I couldn’t answer the phone – the phone speaks the name of the caller – but I knew it was her.

To add to this story: I was supposed to meet her and stay the night on Halloween, but she was in hospital, so I couldn’t go to hers. But I made the mistake of texting her and suggesting we meet in the daytime instead.

I feel guilty and like I’ve let her down. I am too scared to phone her, too. What do I do? What do I tell her on the phone? I feel like a rubbish friend.

Tell her the truth , if she is a real friend she will be ok about it.

If she is in hospital visit her. Be there for her!

In case you want an update: my friend is still my friend. She isn’t too angry with me and has forgiven me. We still talk all the time and plan to meet on Thursday in town. She was discharged from hospital a few days after the incident [she was attacked]. She still has issues – as we all have – but I am there for her. I also spoke to my dad about her phoning at 3am. If it happens again, I am to telephone the emergency services/right people in the morning and have them check she is alright.

Her mum took an overdose very recently, so obviously my friend is deeply upset. Life is hard for her and her mum. But I plan on being a better friend. Her mum is her world – and I lost my mum a few years ago – so I know how this near-death has affected my friend. Absolute heartbreak if she had died. Her mum is in hospital now and is being treated.

A hard life.

2 users liked this post:

Have private messaged you back KitKatKitty from your message yesterday evening!

In case you want an update: my friend is still my friend. She isn’t too angry with me and has forgiven me. We still talk all the time and plan to meet on Thursday in town. She was discharged from hospital a few days after the incident [she was attacked]. She still has issues – as we all have – but I am there for her. I also spoke to my dad about her phoning at 3am. If it happens again, I am to telephone the emergency services/right people in the morning and have them check she is alright.

Her mum took an overdose very recently, so obviously my friend is deeply upset. Life is hard for her and her mum. But I plan on being a better friend. Her mum is her world – and I lost my mum a few years ago – so I know how this near-death has affected my friend. Absolute heartbreak if she had died. Her mum is in hospital now and is being treated.

A hard life.

Hard indeed and that need for help wont go away anytime soon.Your friend is going to need a lot of support to get over this both the attack and her mothers o/d but hopefully her mum will get the professional help she needs now too.

Take care of yourself its easy to become overloaded.

My friend is with me now. She just needs emotional support rather than practical advice.

I am there for all my friends.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!