Reasons I Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Reasons I Look On The Bright Side Of Life

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Indigo 11 hours, 13 minutes ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I won’t say I’m happy because of COVID-19. With so many lives lost it’d be wrong to say I’m happy. BUT I do have reasons to look on the bright side of my own life:

1. I have my own apartment, which I always clean
    2. I am an expert at computing
    3. I have my creative writing published and just love being creative and imaginative
    4. I have a wonderful bestie: Vicky who survived COVID-19, thank God
    5. I have other wonderful friends, including Nick
    6. I have a supportive family
    7. I love listening to music every day
    8. I am full of colour and vibrance: like a rainbow

Again, I haven’t titled this post “Are You Happy?” because no one is with the coronavirus pandemic. But it is nice to see positives in all our own lives.

Over to you.

Oh gosh as an antisocial person who doesnt like crowds or parties or drinking coffee with neighbours at awful coffee mornings covid is a blessing.

Im happy that I live where I do that really is a thing to feel blessed for.

I get to walk in beautiful places every day some of which as unesco world heritage sites.

My husband is ill but as his carer I get to spend every day with him walking our dogs and enoying the nature around us he is still fit and able to walk so whats not to be happy about.

We have a decent house car and income food in our bellies and children we can be proud of who love us and we love too..

I’m with you on the music. I love music. it is a great way to express all kinds of emotion

I have an alexa (and believe me those are fun, and useful as well!)

I love humor (jokes especially)

I have a roof over my head and food/ water/ heat, and so many people don’t

I am afraid the title of this thread reminded me of Monty Python (Life of Brian) and that instantly made me smile, but lose any serious thought lol. I love Monty Python! One reason to look on the bright side.

1 member liked this post:

We’re on the same page, emily91! Music is a way to express emotions: such as anger, jealousy, love, acceptance, liking others and having passions… The checklist is endless.

Back to the title of my thread: looking on the bright side doesn’t mean I am Pollyanna. I don’t fool myself into believing I’m “happy”. I think because happiness is slippery like a fish. It is so easily lost. You can start the day happy – in a good mood – but then your colleague has a word with you about your job performance. When you get home, your partner tells about his/her stressful day and you later end up fighting. Or you knock your leg on the side of the table just when you’re in your dancing dress and have a big bruise. The list goes on.

Finding happiness is difficult: because you cannot keep hold of it like a bird in a cage. And the more you try to be happy, the less happy you become: it is a paradox. I settle for things “going well” and being satisfying, rather than looking for complete happiness.

In spite of my previous post, I do think it is still great to try to live your life as best as possible to your own standards. If you’re unhappy, it is still important to try to fix it. Maybe some problems can’t be fixed, but there is no harm in trying. AND trying to be content with your life is also still important. Just don’t turn into Pollyanna. At least, I try not to!

<span data-offset-key=”9po4j-0-0″>Hi everyone, </span>
    <span data-offset-key=”1q0s3-0-0″> </span>
    <span data-offset-key=”6780f-0-0″>My startup GoalsFund provides financial resources and guidance to anyone looking to make a CAREER CHANGE or advance their career. </span>
    <span data-offset-key=”d7rsn-0-0″> </span>
    <span data-offset-key=”afrmk-0-0″>Join our waitlist today to get notified when we launch -></span>
    <span class=”py34i1dx”><span data-offset-key=”48b0g-0-0″>goalsfund.com</span></span>

I don’t know about the <span> <span> – more like SPAM SPAM!

3 users liked this post:

In spite of my previous post, I do think it is still great to try to live your life as best as possible to your own standards. If you’re unhappy, it is still important to try to fix it. Maybe some problems can’t be fixed, but there is no harm in trying. AND trying to be content with your life is also still important. Just don’t turn into Pollyanna. At least, I try not to!

I watched the Disney Pollyanna movie recently to see whether I remembered the character right. I actually thought she could have been more chipper and had missed some of the silver linings about her situation. I also thought she could have been more kind… Maybe the book is different, too, and I may get to that some day. (I was most curious about Hayley Mills’ first Disney appearance, really. Love Parent Trap!)

I think you can be optimistic without denying what’s happening around you. For example, the economy tanking isn’t great, but I have lived in poverty as well as having a large income to share for one family. Even being supported by government programs right now (so I can manage treatment for special needs children and homeschool them), I can see that people in other countries have it worse (like in Haiti) and I’m grateful for what I do have.

It may be about “spinning” things, or it may be more about having a positive perspective…

Grateful for:

The roof over my head, the sanctuary of garden, my small but loyal family (including my dog), my ever challenging job and my currently good health.

I have recently gone through a horrific bereavement that has taught me to never take anything for granted, so I take 10 mins out of each day to practice gratitude. Sometimes it’s even just being thankful for that perfect cup of coffee, but I think it’s important to take the time to appreciate the little things.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!