Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » Rich parents should stop pressuring their children!

Rich parents should stop pressuring their children!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/privileged-rich-girls-summer-camp

Are rich parents pressuring their daughters into marrying a rich guy and having children?

My friends were upper middle class and they were not pressured into motherhood or having an career.

These girls shouldn’t be pressured to be a mother or career woman. They should be free to find out what they want to do in life and pursue their dreams!

When I was younger I wanted to travel the world, rise up through the ranks of an multinational corporation, and be with as many men as I wanted to. My dreams haven’t changed!

Fortunately, my parents do not pressure me and respect my hopes and dreams! They also give me what I want!

Perhaps I should be grateful as this will mean less competition for me!

Different people are motivated by different things. You may find that generalising like that leaves more questions than answers. 🙂

I agree with Cherry. I believe some kids are motivated by pressure to make decisions. Everyone learns and grows in different ways.

I agree! Some children require more pressure than others. One thing I don’t believe in though is heavy pressure on a child to achieve something that the parent always wanted to do themselves.

I agree spinningjen. I also think it is important for children to understand the value of work so even if they don’t have to they should learn what it’s like to have to make an effort.

Are rich parents pressuring their daughters into marrying a rich guy and having children?

Yes, it’s a common practice because parents don’t want that her daughter to spend same life with all luxurious which she spent before marriage.

Children are pressured generally to live a better life than their parents had. I do agree that rich children are pressured to be high minded career people in adulthood. Or even to be a perfect mum. Children – rich or poor – should be allowed to follow their own dreams and not their parents dreams. One day that kid will be an adult and they need to be nurtured with their own talents and ambition. To be privileged is wonderful but that doesn’t mean life is perfect: that is to say, following a life that is only what the parents want.

I agree. Parent shouldn’t live their dreams through their children.

When I have children, I will teach them to follow their own dreams and not rubbish their ambitions. I would encourage them to do very well in their schooling, however. I wouldn’t pressure them but I would take interest in how they’re doing at school. I must admit, I would like my children to go to university. I would not leave them to flounder in difficulty and confusion at school and college. Education is very, very important. What I mean to say is, sometimes a little pressure can be good. But, at the end of the day, it will be my childrens’ life and they can’t live for me. So, basically, I do understand why parents pressure their children. They just want their kids to be happy and not make the same mistakes.

If parents pressure their kids it will come back to them. And they won’t like it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!