Roxette Joyride

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

A blast from the past!

Anyone remember this band? This album? “Joyride” is awesome! I remember at school the teachers and media thought the album title would encourage young people to actually go joy riding! There was a huge protest about the title of this Roxette album.

Anyhow, it is still a fantastic album: I love all the songs. It is dance and catchy and fun.

Sadly, Marie died last year from a brain tumour. The world will never forget Marie.

I do remember!  “Listen to your heart” was one of my favorites, along with “She’s got the look.”

Hello TestDummyC! Just to let you know, Roxette have loads of albums. They are:

1. Pearls Of Passion 1986
    2. Look Sharp 1988
    3. Joyride 1990
    4. Tourism 1991
    5. Crash! Boom! Bang! 1994

They’ve had other albums, but these are the best of them. They have so many brilliant, brilliant songs. I cannot fault Roxette. Definitely listen to these albums, if you have the time or the inclination.

I know I am plugging the band, but I feel it is worth doing so.

Enjoy!

I must admit, I’ve heard “Listen To Your Heart” so many times I am tired of it. I tend to listen to Roxette’s other songs on YouTube. “It Must’ve Been Love” is also fantastic. But – again – I’ve heard it enough times.

Roxette do have a long backlog. I do think some of their later albums aren’t as good. BUT they aren’t rubbish or anything. Still, their earlier albums are better.

Do watch their songs – rather than videos – on YouTube. I am not so keen on their music videos. I feel their video for “Almost Unreal” let the song down. Still, it is worth a listen.

I know I seem to be being negative, but they were a brilliant band at the end of the day. And Marie will always be a true star.

I am listening to Joyride now: it never grows old.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!