Say What You Mean And Get What You Want

Female Forum Forums General Discussion A Woman’s View Say What You Mean And Get What You Want

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The aforementioned book is by Tricia Kreitman. I read it  many times as a teenager and the advice still rings true today.

Tricia Kreitman was an agony aunt for a few magazines. If you’re interested then buy this book on Amazon. You won’t regret it.

I read this advice book as a teenager and now – as an adult – it really resonates with me. So many situations described in the book have happened to me. And knowing I have the power to change my life for good gives me great hope. Life will never be perfect, or anything like that, but I have hope: and the belief I can make things better for myself.

I think if an advice book makes you feel that way, you’re reading the right advice book.

1 member liked this post:

I finished reading this book last night. It was enlightening and excellent. I’d even advise others read it. But the law has changed since its publication in 1996. So you’d have to read an updated version or choose a similar book in a bookshop. Still, it has great value and is very useful.

Thanks for the recommendation and review! 5 stars (out of 5)? (My guys need to rate books when we update their GoodReads accounts, so now I think in terms of ratings…)

There are so many great self help books out there, rebeccajpand. Just to say: I haven’t heard of GoodReads. I shall check it out.

Anyhow, the above book I’d give a 5 stars rating. HOWEVER, it is an old book and the laws have changed since then, so the legal advice may not be valid today. I’d purchase a similar book instead. There are loads of self assertion books designed for girls, young women and older women. But Tricia Kreitman is one of the best agony aunts. She wrote the columns in Mizz and Chat magazines in the 90’s. She is trained in psychology, so knows her stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!