Seriously Ill Today

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet Seriously Ill Today

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I have a headache, I feel like vomitting, I feel nauseous, dizzy and sick. I am  feeling cold, too.

What is wrong with me?

I am also freezing cold: I have on two jumpers, a heater AND the heating. I feel like a slab of ice.

Do you think you could have influenza?

I was sick a few weeks ago like that, but I had a sinus infection.  Does your head feel like it’s going to explode?  I couldn’t eat for two days until my antibiotics started working.  One night I was freezing so bad, I was shaking from shivers and I thought I was going to break my teeth.

I hope you feel better soon 🙁

I dont know but Im sure glad it’s one virus we cant catch via internet because it sounds awful…

I really hope you feel better soon.

It sounds like a typical winter bug Kitty. You will feel better in a few days. I hope sooner rather than later. Take care x

Thank you, Spinning Jen and everyone. I feel better today. I have had a shower, opened the windows and am just resting easy. I had my close friend support me. She just enquired as to how I was and advised me to take Lemsip. She telephoned this morning to check on me. She is definitely a good friend. Her mum is great, too.

It does seem like a freak turn of events to have been ill yesterday. I was so nauseous, sitting on a bus would’ve been impossible.

Anyhow, I have also been considering if I have diabetes. One: I get terrible cravings for sugary foods. Two: I can drink loads and loads – like yesterday – and only need the loo once. Three: I get shakey and panic if I’m without sugar. Four: I don’t have much of an appetite for savoury foods. I really am wondering if I am either addicted to sugar or have diabetes.

I am seeing my doctor in  a few weeks and will be having a blood test a week before that appointment. I shall mention it to the nurse. Although, I did ask the doctor to have me checked for diabetes at a previous appointment.

I shall keep you updated.

I do hope not Kitty! Please don’t make assumptions and wait for tests. I know that even a few years ago I used to have a very sweet tooth and had lots of chocolate plus very sweet tea and coffee. These days I have changed but do notice that I am still unusual in having sugar in drinks. Most I know have stopped. It may well be that you don’t have appetite for savoury foods because you are filling up on sugar which gives a hit of energy but no sustain so your system starts to loose energy fast? Good diet will help.

I’m glad you’re going to see a doctor Kitty, but oh dear you really have to wait a long time! Whatever’s going on, I do hope they can figure it out and get everything taken care of for you.

Thank you, Mamie.

I resumed work today. It was nice to be back in the office and surrounded by friendly staff. I had a chat with the volunteer manager – Carol – and we talked about my role there. This is due to the fact, the other week, I mentioned doing an extra job at another company. Carol was lovely and said if I do find a new job, the charity will happily provide a reference. I have NOT been fired or anything like that. It is just that I came to mention about looking for a role somewhere else.

I do feel I need a change. I want more challenging work in the workplace. I won’t necessarily apply for another charity, though: I will apply to do admin work in a nearby office. Just basic office work. I shall stay with the charity until June and see how I’ve gotten along then.

I did mention the blood test and having health problems. I think my manager understood. I must admit, I do feel relieved to have spoken to Carol. I feel my path is more clear.

It’s good that you are able to chat like that Kitty. Many places are a bit cut throat and one would take a big risk being too open. With my many years in the NHS I found things went from being able to be reasonably open about things to having to cover your back with almost any move, and the ‘Whistle Blowing policy’ was not worth the paper it was written on, although I never needed to use it.

I hope you find something interesting and rewarding Kitty 🙂 .

Thank you, SpinningJen.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!