Shall we try together?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet Shall we try together?

This topic contains 368 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  ibrhm69 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 369 total)
  • Author

I just saw this, I do agree with the other ladies, you were a beautiful bride Papillio. May you have many happy years together.

p.s. Try looking up burpees – I hate them with a passion!

And I can see why ๐Ÿ˜† I definately would pee myself doing those. :ahhh:

me

Hi ladies!

I haven’t been around in a while, and I am really flattered to see that this thread is still alive and kicking! ๐Ÿ™‚

Allow me to say – Papillio, you look fantastic! Your man is lucky to have such a beauty by his side!

Here’s why I disappeared: I started my masters degree in physiotherapy. The funny thing is that now I’m spending most of the hours of my day sitting on my bum, learning how important physical activity is… ๐Ÿ™‚
    However, I guess something did sink in, because I find myself feeling strange if I don’t work out, and although it seems impossible, I somehow manage to find the time to exercise. I am full time at school, but I also have 2 jobs, and I am in an intramural volleyball team. I just thank god that I don’t have kids at this stage of my life…

OK, this was my little break. Back to the books now.

Me ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad to hear from you again Me, you sound extremely busy….pop in again when you get a chance.

LOL…. Yellow stranger… Take it easy… You know the saying “All work and no play….. “

I am new to the forum. I was wondering if you guys are still supporting each other in your weightloss goals. (?)

I use to belong to a forum and all the ladies lost weight- because we would meet up everyday with our weightloss and BMI trackers in our signature and held everyone accountable.Im looking for dedicated, encouraging support and I am willing to give of myself the same.

Im starting Tapout today. Ive done it before and love it very much.

Yes we do, the conversation seems to have been moved to ‘healthy eating’, which is in the health and diet folder

What do people here think about the gluten free diet? Does it actually work because it’s gluten free, or because people who go on this diet cut back on carbs naturally?

I’ve never tried anything gluten free, there was a time it was hard to find any products that were gluten free, but I have noticed alot products out there now foodwise, along with quite a few cookbooks for gluten free cooking, and we do have some restaurants here that are strictly gluten free. I had no idea it was used for dieting Amyre, I always thought it was more for people with health issues such as Irritable Bowel and Chrohn’s disease. I have read that go gluten free can be quite expensive too.

The gluten free diet is all over hollywood, it’s all they talk about. So im wondering if the stars use it, does it actually work.

Oh those crazy celebrities…. they will inject or eat anything that they think will make them look good, and 9 times out of 10 they look like crap, I wouldn’t put much stock in what they are doing. Why don’t you try a couple of recipes amyre and see if it appeals to you.

Erm, I don’t like the idea of cutting back of carbs too much. At the end of the day, your body needs to be fuelled by something and believe me, body fat only goes so far. Besides, nowadays the biggest problem is fat, not carbs. For example, you have a lovely salad with lots of vegetables and olive oil. Great, but live on it permanently and you’re going to have no carbs (which you seriously need), plenty of fat (even if it is a ‘good’ fat), and plenty of quick sugars and no protein.

Balance is the key sweetie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwVzamFR-tg

Ow. Did it all, but ow!

How’s everyone doing on keeping the weight down/ off? And keeping up with the exercise?

Iโ€™m fairly new to this forum but happy I came across this thread! Working out is so important to me and the lifestyle I live. I really enjoying going on runs/jogs with my husband and kids. If anyone needs a good jogging stroller I suggest the BOB.

Then when nap time rolls around thatโ€™s when I get my actual workout in. My new obsession has been the Les Mills Pump Cross Training-http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-cross-training-workout-deluxe-package.do . Three high intensity workouts it comes with. After every workout I feel like I have sweated off 10 pounds. The DVDs are only either 30 or 45 minutes long. Luckily my kidsโ€™ naps for an hour so I get a 15-30 minute cool down. I have been doing the DVDs for almost three weeks now and I am down 10lbs and a lot more toned. If anyone is in need of an intense workout I would recommend these ones for sure!

You sound one very fit girlie! I cycle mostly….. now that we in Ponta we had buy new bikes to suite the beach sand (along the shore line) and also we take the dogs for long walks at least once a day…… then I have three flight of many stairs in my home; I swear the latter really gives me a fair workout throughout the day lol.

I try to stay as active as possible..some days chasing my kids is enough of a workout..so i understand that stairs can be a lot too! haha

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 369 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!