share your stories of bad customer service or just rudeness from a professional

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat share your stories of bad customer service or just rudeness from a professional

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  emily91 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

after I posted about the doctor who said those unprofessional things to me, I thought I’d start a thread and see if anyone has stories like this (and maybe to share a few of my own, too!)

another one of mine

I rang up a pizza delivery service to order pizza.

woman on the line: well you can’t have any pizza today

me: why not?

woman: because, we’ve run out of dough

(if you’re a delivery service with no dough to make a pizza in a pizza shop, how do you handle all those angry customers?)

another one: I’m in a store asking for a cd

woman: sorry we don’t have it

me: well can’t you check out back?

woman: we don’t have it! (she used cuss words second time too)

do you have any of these?

I think the one that has stayed with me was when I saw a nice shirt for my daughter in a bracnh of miss Etam. I walked in and asked the girl if they had the same shirt in black. She gave me a long stare from top to toe and just said sneeringly ‘not in your size we dont’

I said ‘I didnt ask you about sizing I asked if you sell it in black’ ..

Then I went and found a manager and explained the situation.  She was apologetic and said she would look to see if that shirt was available in black..

I told her not to bother, I said she should use the time teaching her staff to treat people with respect but that I wouldnt be buying that shirt nor any other garment from a shop that thought they could talk to me like dirt.

I gave her a good talking to and made the manager feel bad and I hope that she made that staff member feel exactly the same.

But I kept my word Ive never been back in that shop.

1 member liked this post:

you shouldn’t have had to deal with that, casandra. good for you for talking to the manager!

this reminds me of a story- it didn’t happen to me, but it happened in a way that everyone in the area could tell it happened.

I went to the park and at this particular park they had a  little railway train that goes around the park (a family train ride basically)

when I went, it was closed and not operating

so, curious, I asked the woman at the park (she worked as one of the train drivers) why is the train not operating?. it’s a beautiful day.

then, in front of this crowd of people (kids, adults, even babies) she announced ” well, it’s because this fat woman is stuck in the seat and we can’t get her out”.).

I just thought wow. that poor girl being spoken to like that

oh, I can think of another (relating to yours as well)

I went to the cinema, and when I went to the woman at the desk to buy snacks, I asked her for a large pick and mix and a large dr pepper

the woman behind me barged in and leant over to the counter and whispered to the girl oh, actually you best make that a medium

the odeon girl looked at me and said  oh, medium it is then

I remember, some years back now, going into a local supermarket for the groceries. Among these I was buying a bottle of spray cleaner, and when I got to the tills I noticed that the bottle had leaked so I pointed it out. A woman came and took it away for exchange, as they do. When I later looked it was obvious that the woman had just cleaned up the bottle and returned with the same one as it was short on liquid. I wish I had noticed at the time but, in the end, I did get my own back because of their mistakes. Before they became wise it was possible to buy reduced items and still have them in offers. I noticed once when checking afterward on my bill that I had bought several packs of very much reduced potatoes (even after sell by date they usually keep for quite a while) and noticed that they were in a buy one get one free. At the checkout they had actually taken off the prices of full price items so they ended up paying me to buy their reduced stock. Sweet justice I think 🙂 You do have to watch supermarkets like a hawk though. With all of them, what with mistakes usually in their favour and sharp practice, check everything.

When I first moved here we bought new vynal flooring for our house it was lovely thinck tough padded stuff and it cost an arm and a leg. But after the men had been to lay it I noticed that in the hallway there was a difference.. The colour was the same but the quality was off it was thinner and not so nice feeling I found a little offcut by the place they had parked the van and sure enough it was a different type.

I tried phoning the store and with my limited Dutch explained the problem but the lady just brushed me off and denied it..

So I waited until Thursday evening their late night opening which I knew was always busy and I went down with my two scraps of flooring I stood in the middle of the shop and loudly called out ‘If your thinking of buying from them think again. They sold me this for my house and laid this(holding up the thin scrap) I paid and arm and a leg for this (good  scrap) and they tried to fool me by laying this’ (bad scrap)

I could feel myself blushing but people were looking nudging each other and started to gather around.. I then went on to say I had phoned and they tried to say I was lying but look for yoursleves this is my invoice and  this is what I got…

By this time word had reached the manager and she came rushing out to talk to me. Suddenly she could speak English (she couldnt before) and whisked me off to her office where she assured me that the ‘mistake’would be corrected within a week and at no extra charge of course…

It was and I was happy with my flooring but I know word got round because OH Dutch workmates kept laughing and saying we didnt need fireworks for new year with me around…

It wasnt the first time Id done that sort of thing though as a teenager I bought a pair of shoes from Ravels and within a week the heel fell clean off ,I took the shoes back and they refused to exchange to refund me so on Saturday afternoon I stood outside the shop with my shoes in my hands and yelled at all the shoppers ..Come to Ravels and buy a pair of DIY shoes, each pair require a hammer to assemble. Because lord knows they are not fit to walk on the way they sell them…

It took about 5 minutes a man came out shoved a box at me and grabbed my old shoes,  in the box was a new pair of shoes and a 10 pound note!

Im nothing if not determined..

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  cassandra.

All these stories of rude customer services are shocking. I haven’t had that happen to me… yet. But if it ever does I’ll just never go back to that shop. Utter rudeness.

Where I work in customer service I can tell you that I too have experienced bad situations. However….it’s not always their fault. Sometimes customers are jerks. It’s still no excuse. I’m not perfect. On a bad day I’ve succumbed to bad behavior. I think some folks need lessons on how to treat staff in the customer service business. If you treat them like crap they’ll treat you the same. But a lot of times we don’t deserve the rudeness.

I can’t remember when someone was really rude to me.   However, there was one time when I was buying my car… Instead of telling me about all the cars’ features during the test drive, the salesman thought it would be in his best interest to suck up to my uninterested texting husband sitting in the back seat.  Needless to say, I didn’t purchase it from that dealership.

I remember one perhaps the other way round. When we were buying a home a really pushy mortgage salesman came round and was really piling it on. Our eldest child at the time was not in a good mood and started wailing and screaming, as they do. Really I almost felt sorry for the salesman as he totally lost his thread. I really had to laugh later though. I think we were saved. That did kill his moment.

Where I work in customer service I can tell you that I too have experienced bad situations. However….it’s not always their fault. Sometimes customers are jerks. It’s still no excuse. I’m not perfect. On a bad day I’ve succumbed to bad behavior. I think some folks need lessons on how to treat staff in the customer service business. If you treat them like crap they’ll treat you the same. But a lot of times we don’t deserve the rudeness.

Working in retail I always said the best and worst thing about the job was the customers.

Myself when phoning customer services I try to catch the persons name and then start my conversation with Good morning/afternoon…name…

then I say ..I realise that you are not personally responsible but… and then I explain my complaint.

Recently I had an item that arrived damaged. I put in a dispute and the company refunded my money within 30 mins and asked me if I would dispose of the item ( dashcam) rather than go to all the bother of repackaging and sending it back.

When I wrote my review I said the item was damaged and couldnt be used but I added that the fabulous people at customer services sorted it out in double quick time and that their great service has encouraged me to order again from the same compnay knowing that if I have a problem this wonderful team will be there to help.

Praise where praise is due I thought…

I then got an unexpected  thankyou email from customer services for my kind review!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  cassandra.

last year, I went to build a bear workshop and the woman in the shop had absolutely no interest in what she was doing

it got to my turn, and we mostly stayed silent (she made the odd grunt, but that didn’t really help the experience)

then, it got to the point where you’re meant to “kiss the heartbeat”. I asked nicely if I could have the heart so I couldk iss it, and she just said no.

when I asked why, she got even more unprofessional and told me that not only was I too old to kiss a heart, I was too old to cuddle a bear, and make a bear like this- the experience was for kids.

really sucked the magic out of the experience. I mean you don’t go to walt disney  world and get told that you can’t meet mickey mouse  because of your age (at least I hope not)

and when I left she shouted after me. well if the  only thing that will cuddle you is a bear, you have such a poor future a head of you.

I feel sorry for the kids. wow what a miserable person

last year, I went to build a bear workshop and the woman in the shop had absolutely no interest in what she was doing

it got to my turn, and we mostly stayed silent (she made the odd grunt, but that didn’t really help the experience)

then, it got to the point where you’re meant to “kiss the heartbeat”. I asked nicely if I could have the heart so I couldk iss it, and she just said no.

when I asked why, she got even more unprofessional and told me that not only was I too old to kiss a heart, I was too old to cuddle a bear, and make a bear like this- the experience was for kids.

really sucked the magic out of the experience. I mean you don’t go to walt disney world and get told that you can’t meet mickey mouse because of your age (at least I hope not)

and when I left she shouted after me. well if the only thing that will cuddle you is a bear, you have such a poor future a head of you.

I feel sorry for the kids. wow what a miserable person

Wow that is so sad, of course youre never too old for a teddy. My mum went to bear workshop thing a couple of years ago and loved it shes over 70..

Also feel sad for the lady doing it. Why stay in a job like that if you can see the magic in it? She needs to be elsewhere

I would  love to go back someday

A to actually kiss the heartbeat, and B because I want a lion king collection (simba, nala, etc)

love stuffies and always have

when I was younger I had a little teddybear I took about with me for years

I went to see one of the chronicles of narnia films at the cinema.

after the trailers, nothing happened for ages. then a voice came on and said we’re sorry, but the movie you’ve all come to see (chronicles of narnia) is not actually one we have. thought we did, but we don’t

so we all had to leave, no refund, no apology, no nothing, just ” we don’t have it”

well, you should have checked that one before filling up an entire room with narnia fans

sorry but that’s the way it goes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!