Sister in Law having affair ?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Love & Relationships Sister in Law having affair ?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Halfpint 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I can’t with this anymore

Knowing this secret for months.

How do I get the images outta my head ?

Help please ?

Husband’s sister?  Or, brother’s wife?  Either way, I wouldn’t insert myself into the situation.  If it was my husband’s sister, I would discuss it with my husband, like I would with any other friend, but that’s it.

Brothers wife

What an awful burden you’re carrying. I feel bad for you: it must be torture to know what’s going on. If only you could erase the images from your mind. If I may ask, how did you find out? Is your sister-in-law aware you know? Has she threatened you if you tell anyone? Be aware, once you tell even one person the secret will be out. Whether or not you decide to talk, I can’t say, but don’t let her threaten you. This situation is not your fault in any way. But this secret you’re carrying must be having an impact on your every day life. I wish I could advise you what to do, but you’re going to have to make that decision yourself. I mean, if you’re close to your sister-in-law, maybe you could let it slide. Again, you are caught in a terrible situation. Your only option is to let time deal with it: at least if you decide this.

I feel your pain and I feel really bad you know all this.

Yea she knows I know.

She hasnt threatened anyone shes fine with me.

I feel for you! I would hate to be there as the only one you can really discuss things with is her.

The only thing I can really think of is distancing yourself.

1 member liked this post:

I’m glad she’s cool with you, Starrynitegirl. I still feel you’re carrying a burden, though. Does she seem to realize the position you’re in? I would hate to put someone in your place myself. It is NOT fair on you at all. What happens to you when the sh*t hits the fan? And the worst thing is you’re not to blame. I think you need to address this with her. Don’t go down with her when it’s all out in the open.

I would discuss this with your sister in law that if she does not stop this affair you feel obligated to let your brother know. perhaps she has already open that gate between her two men and they are willing to share vs. lose her.

Yes

What do you think you’ll do, Starrynitegirl? Again, you’re caught in a horrible, awkward, situation. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t. I think the key is getting your sister-in-law to realize the mess you are in as well. She is a cheat, at the end of the day, and you are in no way at fault. It’d be difficult to give her the ultimatum, but it could shock her into her senses. Don’t threaten her, but do make your position clear. And when the sh*t does hit the fan, know your ground and don’t take the blame.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  KitKatKitty.
    3 users liked this post:

How have things panned out, Starrynitegirl? Is everything all right for you? Because you aren’t to blame for the situation you were put in. Anyhow, if you’re still on this site, I would be interested in an update.

What you are dealing with is absolutely horrible and I really have no idea how you can get an image like that out of your head. As hard as this may sound I think the only way this will end is you need to confront your sister in law and say enough is enough. If she doesn’t agree that she is going to stop her cheating then you are going to have to tell your brother. It is not fair to you and also not fair to your brother what she is doing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!