Skirt length when over 50

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Skirt length when over 50

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KitKatKitty KitKatKitty 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So having passes my 50th, I was surprised to read that women over 50 should wear their skirts below the knees. However, I’m 5’11” tall so most hemlines are going to be above my knees. Tall fashions are usually too long waisted. And also, I’m told  I have pretty nice legs so I don’t mind showing them. But I don’t want to look trashy. So, whats the opinion here girls?

Well I am over 50 but I don’t worry 😄

In my opinion it really depends on circumstance. In the cooler weather I would never go out barelegged or with thin tights with a very short skirt, but I would wear a short tunic with leggings. Similarly with my thicker fleece lined tights (I love these), I wear a shorter, mid thigh to knee length skirt. I must admit I am not a fan of long skirts and seldom wear them. It’s just about  looking sensible and not trying to appear too young.

Another point to consider is what other women of your age are wearing in your locality. I admit I don’t pay a lot of attention to this but anything too different and extreme would be noticed. Generally I think just above the knee is far more accepted in women above 50 these days than would have been in the past.

I think it’s a matter of preference. If you have good legs then why not show them off but I wouldn’t go too short. My preference is just on the knee.

I think it’s down to personal preference, rather than some social rule. It also depends on where you’re going. If you’re going for a night out, shorter is fine but if you’re going to work, then I’d go with the longer length. But there is nowt wrong with a woman over 50 wearing a short skirt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!