Slimming World

This topic contains 87 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mikki 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author

Have any of you lost weight with SW? I am giving it another try. Sick of counting calories/points. It isnt a natural way to live or eat, constantly counting everything.

Today is planning day. Tomorrow is day one. So….lots of kicks up the bum please to keep me on track!

Good luck!

I have usually done things on my own, and although not too overweight, I could lose a few. I just get the usual comments when I appear in the living room in a close fitting outfit. Thoughts of the beach this summer are prompting me strongly though!

Good luck! I am sure you’ll keep on track.

Thanks ladies. So far so good. I must keep away from crisps and chocolate.

Good luck!

I have usually done things on my own, and although not too overweight, I could lose a few. I just get the usual comments when I appear in the living room in a close fitting outfit. Thoughts of the beach this summer are prompting me strongly though!

Thanks ladies. So far so good. I must keep away from crisps and chocolate.

Jen and Souxi,

Yeah because I’m not all that about diets.

Your quite welcome and good luck.

Well day two and…..no chocolate, no ice cream, no crisps! Determined not to give in. I will wear my cropped jeans in the summer.

Good luck, Souxi. Ice cream? I am not sure ….:)

Good luck, Souxi. Ice cream? I am not sure ….:)

Annelee,

Same here on the ice cream part of this.

I am generally Ok with ice cream – except when I get the taste for it.

We had a sunny day today which prompted me – I tried on my shorts with cropped top – losing a little would be good – or the mirror 8-/

I have never heard of the SW plan. Can you explain what it is?

Slimming World has been around since 1969. The gist of the plan is free food, health extras and syns. No counting calories, calculating portion sizes, or weighing and measuring everything.

Free food is pasta, rice, potatoes, fish, seafood, lean meat and poultty,eggs, fat free dairy products, vegetables, and things like quorn and tofu.

Take a look on the Slimming World website. It explains it all. It’s a .co.uk address. People from the US can also follow the plan. The link is on the website.

I,lost 4lbs in my first week.

Wow, that would not agree with me at all. The first thing off my list is carbs, and SW seems keen on them…….

Wow, that would not agree with me at all. The first thing off my list is carbs, and SW seems keen on them…….

yes, I agree. Drop the carb, and you will see your weight go down rapidly.

In that case the SP plan would be ideal for you. You simply base your meals around protein rich foods and speed foods. ie: veggies and most fruits.

I am not sure of the ‘potatoes’ in the free food list Souxi. I nearly live on them in one form or another. I regard them as a major contender for my overweight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!