Slimming World

This topic contains 87 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mikki 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author

I have not hit the ‘frantic’ yet but this talk is pushing me on!

Go for it gal, buy a swimsuit in a smaller size and hang it on the inside of your wardrobe and use this as a spur to lose weight and get into it. Works for me. x

Lent is fast approaching. I hate to admit that I use this sacred season to loose weight that I’ve accumulated during the course of the year. I give up all alcohol- which for me is really a sacrifice. But in addition to the spiritual uplift I can loose the weight as well.

Go for it Rhonda, the Summer will be here soon.

I’ve cut out biscuits. BUT I have eaten a few cupcakes with my close friend these past few weeks. I had 1 glass of coca-cola in the week. I avoid ice cream: honestly. I haven’t eaten any for over 8 months. I only eat 1 or 2 bags of crisps a fortnight. I don’t eat sausage rolls unless they’re served to me. I don’t eat fry ups and takeaways. I eat a little chocolate, though. I don’t use butter in my sandwiches. I cook most of my meals from scratch. I eat breakfast every day. I always have a light lunch, too. I don’t eat sweets at all: they rot the teeth.

That is how I stay healthy!

I admire your efforts, I find it hard to resist some biscuits with my coffee but  really trying at the moment to lose weight. I think it helps being vegetarian as usually there is less fat ( and probably a safer fat ). My mantra is just eat less and step up the exercises as I want to get back to 9 and a half stone if I can.

Go for it gal, buy a swimsuit in a smaller size and hang it on the inside of your wardrobe and use this as a spur to lose weight and get into it. Works for me. x

I probably have an even bigger incentive, as I made my own bikini bottom last year, and have yet to wear it to the beach. It has a high waist so counters a slightly large tum, but would look best if I lost a bit of weight. I never go round to making a top, and that is somethng which would be good now (and would probably be easier if a simple triangle). I did not get to the beach in the latter part of last year, although I did wear a bikini top when out on my bicycle a few times. As I am often out on rough tracks just a bikini is not practical.

I saw a program earlier on exercise. It made me think about a bit of jogging. I am not sure about that but making my morning exercise more energetic would be a good start!

1 member liked this post:

Clever you making your own bikini bottoms, I am not that good at sowing,  I do love the beach and as I said have some new beachwear to try out this year  if I get my waistline down ( same old story eat too much over Winter and laze around ) I have tried a spot of jogging but make sure you get the right sports bra as you don’t want the “girls” to start jiggling, also a good trainer to cushion your knees. You don’t have to run too far at first but it is good for your lungs and toning your thighs. Good luck x

Definitely make yourself a top Kitty. Going without one would be quite a show.

Go for the running mikki and Jen. I’ve been at it almost daily since school days. No varicose veins here.

Yes Rhonda I might take it up again as soon as it gets a touch warmer, I don’t like breathing in cold air and I do have a nice outfit to run in. Having played tennis and done some exercise classes no varicose veins for either, they don’t call me legs for nothing lol.

I did a spot of running yesterday, but it was hard. I prefer my bicycle as I can cover four times the distance without getting too tired, but working out well.  I have one prominent vein behind my left knee but it hasn’t changed for years and I massage it well. I don’t think it has become varicose and not too noticeable. My legs are my main point too so it had better not!

I am sure if you have had that vein a while it will not develop, I had one once on my arm and it went away after a while. We must look after our pins and yours are quite long I imagine as you are tall.

I did a spot of running yesterday, but it was hard. I prefer my bicycle as I can cover four times the distance without getting too tired, but working out well. I have one prominent vein behind my left knee but it hasn’t changed for years and I massage it well. I don’t think it has become varicose and not too noticeable. My legs are my main point too so it had better not!

Cycling is F A R healthier on your joints, running is not a very healthy sport at all. It damages all your leg joints, particularly your ankles, even your neck and spine.

I saw a health and fitness programme and the expert said it was better to run than walk for the joints. I don’t believe it, if you have joint trouble cycling or swimming is better. I feel some running is ok with the right shoes etc, just don’t overdo it.

It is more about the surface. Most people do road running, that is the problem. road surfaces are very unforgiving. Better to run on grass or sand.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!