Sports forum/sub on FF

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab Sports forum/sub on FF

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  waybeyondfedup 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Have you ever thought putting a sports forum/sub on FF? I for one I would truly love it. As opposed to now when I either put it in general discussion/in the news/woman’s view.

Although I am not personally involved in or watch too much sport I do see that sport is big enough for it’s own place.

A good idea Jessica!

Good idea Jessica. I’m not into sport myself, but it would be a place to chat about major sporting events, such as the world cup, London Marathon, (which Martin took part in one year), Olympics, things like that. Good one.

I agree it would be a good idea. plenty of home and international events we could talk about.

Okay, I will start first. I am in California. We have the Golden State Warriors which is either the #1 or #2 in the nation now. The Raiders just got better in the last year and is now scooped up by Vegas so that’s sad.

I am also into College Basketball sport. How about you guys?

Although I am not personally involved in or watch too much sport I do see that sport is big enough for it’s own place.

A good idea Jessica!

Good idea Jessica. I’m not into sport myself, but it would be a place to chat about major sporting events, such as the world cup, London Marathon, (which Martin took part in one year), Olympics, things like that. Good one.

I agree it would be a good idea. plenty of home and international events we could talk about.

Okay, I will start first. I am in California. We have the Golden State Warriors which is either the #1 or #2 in the nation now. The Raiders just got better in the last year and is now scooped up by Vegas so that’s sad.

I am also into College Basketball sport. How about you guys?

Jen, Souxi, Lindylo, and Anne,

Thanx for your support my idea here.

WOW I didn’t know that Martin took part in London Marathon one yr. I for me I know I can’t even doing something like that.

Yeah about Oakland Raiders moving Las Vegas and that also goes for San Diego Chargers to Los Angeles as well. Expect for Rams coming back to Los Angeles from St. Louis because they were originally from there. Of course I for one can’t recalled them ever being from Los Angeles until moved back there last year. At the same time also feel for Jeff Fisher being fired by them because Los Angeles isn’t like St. Louis. Well at least the type of market of course.

As for me I’m totally into NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and especially my favorite team (New York Rangers) are in them again. But still waiting to win ultimate prize The Stanley Cup itself as opposed to being runners up and/or Presidents Trophy (regular season trophy). Presidents Trophy was only started 30 yrs ago and I for one really have no clue whatsoever how it came about and etc.

At the same time I’m really not into NBA playoffs. Well at least so far.

I’m also I’m somewhat into MLB and especially both New York teams (Mets and Yankees). In which I have a love/hate relationship with both of them.

Plus, NFL draft is coming up and in which I’m excited for my favorite team (New York Giants) whom they will pick and especially in the 1st round.

That’s a great idea, Jessica A B! Sports are incredibly popular and would attract loads more users for this website. I have to say, in summer I love playing tennis. I am really good at it. I love running, too. I’ve done a fair bit of hiking in my life, as well. Take note, moderators!

That’s a great idea, Jessica A B! Sports are incredibly popular and would attract loads more users for this website. I have to say, in summer I love playing tennis. I am really good at it. I love running, too. I’ve done a fair bit of hiking in my life, as well. Take note, moderators!

KitKatKitty,

Thanx again for your response. I’m still totally agreement with on attracting both more visitors and users to FF.

WOW on what you do yourself. I for one can’t really say that for myself. Because all of hand/coordination problems/not being more active then I’m already I’m besides walking.

Back yet again with this time being a update with my favorite hockey and how they doing in their round series.

They lost the game in overtime to The Montreal Canadiens. In which I put that the team that they are in another post (intro) thread regarding all of this. Basically, the other scored in the winning seconds of regulation (three 20 min periods and thats what its like in the regular season as well), but in both the playoffs and Stanley Cup overtime is much different then regular season. In the regular season its 3 on 3 5 min overtime and if that doesn’t work it goes to sudden death shootout or whatever its called besides shootout. In both the playoffs and cup final its always 5 on 5 20 min until whose teams players scores 1st and in which can take anywhere from one/couple/few/even more. In which I for one can’t recall ever happening, but have heard/read/seen clips from when it happened. I mean of course they are old ones that show from time to time. Now, the series is even at 1 a game apiece.

On the other hand there’s another team thats in the playoffs. Of course at this particular time they are still young and upcoming from a few veterans here and there. They mostly have played pretty good for basically the 1st half of the season and then started played a little bit badly, but still they played well enough to earned a spot in the playoffs. Now, that the playoffs have come and they playing the defending champs from a season ago. Whom the best player and 3rd best player in the entire league. To me its taking candy away from a baby, but its what its.

Back yet again with this time being a update with my favorite hockey and how they doing in their round series.

They lost the game in overtime to The Montreal Canadiens. In which I put that the team that they are in another post (intro) thread regarding all of this. Basically, the other scored in the winning seconds of regulation (three 20 min periods and thats what its like in the regular season as well), but in both the playoffs and Stanley Cup overtime is much different then regular season. In the regular season its 3 on 3 5 min overtime and if that doesn’t work it goes to sudden death shootout or whatever its called besides shootout. In both the playoffs and cup final its always 5 on 5 20 min until whose teams players scores 1st and in which can take anywhere from one/couple/few/even more. In which I for one can’t recall ever happening, but have heard/read/seen clips from when it happened. I mean of course they are old ones that show from time to time. Now, the series is even at 1 a game apiece.

On the other hand there’s another team thats in the playoffs. Of course at this particular time they are still young and upcoming from a few veterans here and there. They mostly have played pretty good for basically the 1st half of the season and then started played a little bit badly, but still they played well enough to earned a spot in the playoffs. Now, that the playoffs have come and they playing the defending champs from a season ago. Whom the best player and 3rd best player in the entire league. To me its taking candy away from a baby, but its what its.

Back yet again with yet another update.

Now, they just their 2nd game in their series. In which they were never ahead and the other team had the advantage through entire game.

Let’s hope they can back, win the next game to make the series tried at two, and then go from there. Of course I wasn’t hoping this can scenario at all during this round series. I mean based on their recent history in both the playoffs and cup final. Its dating from when their home arena MSG (Madison Square Garden) was going under massive renovation. In which in all it took couple of summers to complete (2011-`13). So, they a lot of road time during that span. That doesn’t include the 2012-`13 lockout of NHL, but in which I wished it hope of course. I know that you can’t go back in time of course.

It’s great that you love sports. I’m not a huge sports fan, but I can appreciate the appeal. Anyhow, I hope your team wins! Do keep us updated, too.

It’s the London Marathon next Sunday. It certainly attracts the top athletes and everyone loves to watch those running for charity who are dressed in the most obscure costumes. I do wonder sometimes how some of them get around the course.

It’s great that you love sports. I’m not a huge sports fan, but I can appreciate the appeal. Anyhow, I hope your team wins! Do keep us updated, too.

KitKatKitty,

Yeah and its perfectly alright not to be one. At least you appreciate the appeal to it. Same here and will do.

It’s the London Marathon next Sunday. It certainly attracts the top athletes and everyone loves to watch those running for charity who are dressed in the most obscure costumes. I do wonder sometimes how some of them get around the course.

Lindylo,

Hmm beyond all interesting, okay, understandable, and WOW.

Back yet with again with another update about one of my favorite team’s 1st round series.

So, anyway, this game (4), so the series is tried at two two now. At the same time that forces game 6 course.

Back yet with again with another update about one of my favorite team’s 1st round series.

So, anyway, the won this game (5) in overtime at Canadiens home BC (Bell Centre). So they went ahead in the series by 3 games to two games. At the same time if they do indeed win the next game (6), on sat (4/22). It would be over after that since they won the series 4 games to 2 games, but if not its forces yet another/final game in the series. Its going to be back at the teams home. In which the winner of that games wins series outright by 4 games to 3 games and beyond. Its also going to be back at there home aka MSG (Madison Square Garden).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!