Sure signs of autumn.

Female Forum Forums General Discussion Just for Fun Sure signs of autumn.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Its easier to photgraph the sunrise

The long winter wellies come out of storage and the summer ones get put away

A raincoat is a regular  addtion to any outfit

Porridge for breakfast

Hot chocolate drinks.

All the Germans have gone home!

Whats your sure signs of autumn  list?

Attachments:
    1 member liked this post:

Dark comes early

There is a chill in the air

The plants turn brown

Apples on the tree look rosy and ready for picking

I say au revoir to my summer dresses and think toward my winter wear

2 users liked this post:

I love celebrating Halloween and all that jazz

I enjoy the cooler weather

I love walking in the park in autumn

I love wearing boots and autumn clothing

I love decorating my apartment in an autumn inspired way

2 users liked this post:

Autumn has to be my favourite season: as mentioned above, I enjoy walking in the park at this time of year. Just breathing in the fresh air and having cooler weather is wonderful.

As a kid, I didn’t go trick or treating: I was upset about this at the time. All my school friends went out trick or treating. Poor me, eh? Anyhow, I will make sure my kids – if I ever have any – will go and celebrate Halloween, like all children would love.

Autumn is definitely a wonderful season.

@kitkatkitty we dont celebrate halloween here  but we do have the feest of St Martin when the children go from door to door with lanterns and sing a little song in exchange for sweets or fruit its on Nov 11th. My children loved it and got very excited about the idea of collecting goodies from the neighbourhood.

I love it when theres frost on the ground and it crunches as you walk .This morning was just 8c and our breath was like big puffs of smoke as we wandered along, when we stopped our little dog George was actually steaming like a freshly cooked dumpling!

As a kid, I didn’t go trick or treating: I was upset about this at the time. All my school friends went out trick or treating. Poor me, eh? Anyhow, I will make sure my kids – if I ever have any – will go and celebrate Halloween, like all children would love.

When I was little Halloween was not celebrated. It has pretty much come from the USA. I remember Snoopy and the Great Pumpkin (I loved Snoopy). There was more devilry in those days with mischief night (November 4th). I do remember ‘penny for the guy’ though.

When I was little Halloween was not celebrated. It has pretty much come from the USA. I remember Snoopy and the Great Pumpkin (I loved Snoopy). There was more devilry in those days with mischief night (November 4th). I do remember ‘penny for the guy’ though.

My dad was quite strict so we were never allowed to do penny for the guy because he considered it begging.  We did go carol singing though mostly in areas he didnt know anyone!

I never did penny for the guy either Cassandra. I did carol singing once or twice. I enjoyed that

Just to add a few autum photos:

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  KitKatKitty.
    Attachments:
    2 users liked this post:

I have more photos!

Attachments:
    2 users liked this post:

Speaking of Jack-o-Lanterns…

This image came from NASA’s Solar Dynamic Observatory on October 8, 2014.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  TestDummyCO.
    Attachments:
    2 users liked this post:

That guy sure has a cool head 😀

Our first autumn storm has hit. The rain is torrential, wall to wall clouds and high winds ..

YUK

It was rather wet here too Cassandra. I have got a large percentage of the apples picked though

This morning we managed to get out during a dry spell wellingtons were a must though the fields were very wet and soggy.

I did notice at the boatyard we passed that it was busy as people are hauling boats out for the winter now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!