Tarot

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Does anyone play, or have an interest?

Ive only ever heard of tarot cards as in the reading and telling fortune type of thing.. This goes against my beliefs so Ive never taken part and I didnt know there was any other use for tarot cards ?

I have not had any first hand experience of these sort of things since school. I am seldom ‘spooked’ or led by by supernatural things, keeping an open mind and scientific reason.

I am a bit weird when it comes to things like this: I am into tarot, starsigns, psychics, telepaths. You name it, I have an interest. I do believe in a world beyond this one: that there is something else. Nothing happens for no reason. I have an extremely open mind.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  KitKatKitty.

I’ve heard of tarot cards…even had mine read once.  I’ve never heard of the game until I Googled it just now.  I’m assuming that is what you’re talking about, Mamie?  Or, is it a video game of some sort?

I know a fair bit about tarot cards and psychics and the whatnot. It isn’t very scientific – which I pride myself on being – but it holds an interest for me.

I wouldn’t get involved in witchcraft practices or that kind of thing, though. I just hold an interest in the occult. In fact, I am very down to earth and realize it is science that explains the world. BUT the occult is popular and I do believe there are things in the universe we can’t explain. Sometimes there IS a supernatural reason for something. I truly believe in a world beyond this one.

It is a strange universe.

Tarot isn’t about fortune telling or anything like that, though there’s a lot of misconceptions about it.  It’s really more about psychology, and exploring your unconscious.  The cards help you focus your thoughts on something you might not have thought before.  It’s really fun to do on your own, or with friends.

I have a group that meets twice a month, and it’s a really wonderful time of sharing.

2 users liked this post:

Tarot isn’t about fortune telling or anything like that, though there’s a lot of misconceptions about it. It’s really more about psychology, and exploring your unconscious. The cards help you focus your thoughts on something you might not have thought before. It’s really fun to do on your own, or with friends.

I have a group that meets twice a month, and it’s a really wonderful time of sharing.

Really? Ive only ever seen and read about it predicting stuff.

I still dont think I would try it. I cant get past the idea of making future decsions based on a random deck of cards, it just sounds as random as a daily horoscoop in a newspaper (I dont hold with those either btw)

There is a great deal of practices in the occult. Again, I don’t practice the occult myself, but am interested in it generally. Because – as I said in a previous post – there are strange things that happen in this world. The unusual/supernatural cannot always be ignored. Odd events do occur.

I agree pretty much with Mamie on this, from my scientific point of view. It’s similar to Ouija board, although perhaps I think they are far more phychological. They can be even more scary for some people. I remember some being really scared when it was the rage in my teen years. I remember being very open to such things and thinking the main thing to be wary of was dangerous people. From a scientific point of view reality can be very scary and unfathomable whereas spirituality can be seen as more of a comfort, which is why humans embrace it.

I think there is a difference between being into the occult and trying to channel a spirit through a ouiji board because I would be afraid of somehow contacting the devil or a demon and being haunted by the spirit. There certainly are people who use the ouija board to contact a demonic spirit and have ended up being haunted by said spirit. Dealing with anything such as that is something I certainly avoid. If there is a spirit world, then we don’t know how that world works. And there could be a demon summoned. You just don’t know. Tarot cards, on the other hand, are much safer. Now, I believe in things like this, but realize others do not. My advice is don’t mess with what you don’t understand. I never touch spirit boards for that reason.

I realize you were a teenager, though, SpinningJen and were right to be scared. It obviously wasn’t a bit of fun for you. I think you’re right to avoid the ouija board now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!