The daft things people say

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat The daft things people say

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kezflake 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Why is it, that when someone sees a person crying, they walk up to them and ask if they are allright?? I mean they’re crying their eyes out, do they look allright?? derrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙄

What other daft things that people say can you think of?

bab

Ha ha that is so true Souxi! I guess if we don’t say it we come across as uncaring so even though it sounds stupid (and we know it does) we feel we have to say it just to be polite!

For me I love how packets of nuts have a warning on them that says ‘Warning: This product may contain nuts’. Brilliant.

Em

Ha ha that is so true Souxi! I guess if we don’t say it we come across as uncaring so even though it sounds stupid (and we know it does) we feel we have to say it just to be polite!

For me I love how packets of nuts have a warning on them that says ‘Warning: This product may contain nuts’. Brilliant.

HAHAHHAHA I never noticed that!

I never noticed that one about the nuts either lol.

Why is it that when a parent is telling their kiddy off for being cheeky they say to them: “do you want a smack”? I mean what are they supposed to reply; “oh yes please mum thanks”. What a dumb question! 🙄

Why is it that when a parent is telling their kiddy off for being cheeky they say to them: “do you want a smack”? I mean what are they supposed to reply; “oh yes please mum thanks”. What a dumb question! 🙄

My aunt used to say this to my cousins when they were small. I don’t think she ever smacked them once so they quickly learnt that it wasn’t an effective threat. I’m not advocating smacking but I don’t think you can really use the threat of it if you don’t mean it, if that makes sense.

I don’t hit my kids or even threaten but I do say similar dumb things and really try not to. Like if we’re in the middle of shopping and they’re acting up and I say “Do you want to go home right now?” Of course he’ll say yes and then I look stupid. :red:

Michelle

When I phoned up today about my lack of heating, the dork on the phone asked me what was wrong with it. Well how the hell do I know??!! I mean am I the repair man??? Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙄

Why is it, that when someone sees a person crying, they walk up to them and ask if they are allright?? I mean they’re crying their eyes out, do they look allright?? derrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙄

I am a bit of an emotional roller coaster so when ppl say that to me and im working hard to hold myself together i can help it its Niagara falls all the way.

Annoys me to when people ask me were i lost the thing im looking for

I mean if i freaking knew……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!