Home » Topics » General Discussion » In the News » the latest on hary and megan

the latest on hary and megan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

is anyone keeping up with it?. and did anyone watch the interview with oprah winfrey

I don’t usually follow the royals, but their’s not much escaping this one… it’s everywhere

I saw parts of the interview  on Dutch TV.

What’s obvious is that this is really a family matter which has got so totally out of hand mainly due to the interference of gossip columns gutter press and speculation plus a public hunger for the misery of others.

There are no winners and only losers in the whole situation Meghan and Harry are now estranged from the family  the family are feeling cut-off hurt and estranged from both these two now,  a brother and nephew cousin a grandson they all lose out on the contact and the joy they could have had growing up and sharing life experiences.

I don’t think this is about taking sides as many of the gutter press would have us believe I think it is about understanding that being part of the royal family is a totally different experience to anything else and it’s one that is not easy to slip into.

I wish all of them well in their personal lives although I am not and will never be a fan of royalty.

I hope those who spew hate can understand that what they do is wrong I don’t know if they are projecting their own insecurities, their own miseries or just their personal small-minded bias but it’s disgusting it’s wrong and we don’t need to hear it.

As I mentioned yesterday for me to hear people saying that Meghan was lying about feeling depressed or  one comment I heard said *they should have given her razor blade and let her get on with it* that really hurt me personally and after my outburst on social media yesterday there was a deafening silence from certain members of my friends group who may very soon find themselves as ex- friends if this is the way they really think they can behave.

Cassandra, I’m sorry that those fools have brought up some bad memories for you.  People seem to have a lot of courage hiding behind a computer screen, whether posting on social media or writing tabloid trash.

TestDummyC: you’re right. Those people are fools.

It is very easy to be brave when sitting behind a computer screen: all you have to do is type a few words and click ‘send’. It doesn’t require brains to share awful opinions.

You mustn’t let those people get to you, Cassandra: they are only saying those things because they’re behind a computer screen and feel there is no danger or impact of their words. They are not against you: they are just selfish with no understanding of the impact of every line they write. It is hurtful, but think of it this way: would they say those things when passing you down the street? Of course not. They feel their words are easy because they are in front of a computer, rather than a person. Please try to not let others comments make you believe you’re being attacked on a personal level: you’re not. They just share their thoughts with no awareness of you and your feelings.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by KitKatKitty.

[quote quote=228898]
    You mustn’t let those people get to you, Cassandra: they are only saying those things because they’re behind a computer screen and feel there is no danger or impact of their words. They are not against you: they are just selfish with no understanding of the impact of every line they write. It is hurtful, but think of it this way: would they say those things when passing you down the street? Of course not. They feel their words are easy because they are in front of a computer, rather than a person. Please try to not let others comments make you believe you’re being attacked on a personal level: you’re not. They just share their thoughts with no awareness of you and your feelings.

[/quote]

Actually its the fact they they do say these things that hurt. And they should think before they speak.  Just because they wouldnt say it to the persons face does not make it ok in fact its worse its cowardly.

Think twice speak once…

I wanted to make those people realise that their words do hurt . Also I wanted to make them realise how false it makes them, many of them share memes or posts on social media things like ‘If ever you need someone reach out Im here’  well they are lying they are not there.

They are waiting to pounce and laugh and mock ….well they’ve all just proved it.. They cant deny it..Theyve laughed called someone who said she was depressed a liar, said she was putting it on and should have just got on with the job…

Why would anyone reach out to them? I wanted to make them see the hypocrisy of their words..

If you can be one thing in this world…. Be Nice.

So before any one reshares or posts a meme like this , just stop and think because if you dont mean it 100% if you dont really stand behind what it means and you are going to judge someone for turning to you Please DONT share it.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by cassandra.

You’re absolutely right, cassandra: it is utterly cowardly and completely wrong. Being nice is a rule I live by: and it often makes the world a  better place. I do also think people have their own issues and attack out of their own insecurities. No one lashes out at someone [seemingly insecure: when, in fact, just human] unless they’re insecure themselves. It is a form of bullying, essentially. But that bully suffers too: they just don’t show it. So when they see Meghan, they think she must be easy prey. Yes, it hurts: but that only motivates the bully further. Showing “weakness” as – for lack of a better term – Meghan did, fanned those flames. Those people who made those comments are truly nasty, but nothing will change them. I certainly could never stop any nastiness I encountered. No matter what I did, no matter whether upset or angry, nice or nasty, they react the same. Sometimes the only way to stop the bullies is to ignore them. Saying you’re upset won’t work: blocking their voices will.

I KNOW you’re not 5 years old and do know all this, but bullies NEVER CHANGE. If they see meat, they kill. They always have, always will. They don’t give a damn about Meghan – or anyone else – they just look for any excuse to be mean, vicious and downright evil.

I am genuinely not trying to be condescending, but I feel my post is valid.

I think it’s really important for Harry and Megan to speak up at some point, though we might think that it’s between family and should be kept secret. Because the media were already prying and talking, anyway, they can’t really keep things private.

The fact that there’s a business and not just a family involved makes it a situation that others should know about, so that the public holds the organisation accountable – for supporting the family and helping them adjust (like it’s training to do their job right), protecting them from the media/standing up for them, etc. And especially because there’s racism involved, it’s okay for us to discuss the situations. Not to tear the people involved apart, but to ask what’s the best thing to do when there’s conflict, depression, racism, and a lack of support.

I feel for all the members of the royal family right now. I hope they can gather wise people around them, learn from the conversations they have with those people, and then reach out to each other with kind words and hearts that want to reconcile.

I’m not making any comments about the royal family but about society in general: it is sad that in this day and age racism is still here. If only all people could be accepted. Plus, no one chooses their skin colour: their genetics chose their skin colour.

I hope one-day all people will be accepted and respected.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!