The meaning of beauty

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mikki 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Exactly, I could not agree more.

It is just fashion… Simple as that. Women conform to a smart, neat and tidy fashion, and men conform to their own fashion.

If the fashion roles were reversed over a period, we would follow it too. Pretending we are doing something superior is really not on, we are simply conforming to our own fashionable stereotypes, just the same as they do.

Rebels? Nope, they are just not in fashion just now. 😛

1 member liked this post:

I can see that, as we are all influenced by fashion in the media, but dressing ” scruffy” when your wife has made an effort is a bit disrespectful surely. Single guys out to attract a female do try and be macho with the unshaven and casual look, this works to a point but when you are in a relationship pride and appearance must come into it.

1 member liked this post:

For me, pride and appearance must always come into it. If a woman wore scruffy clothes and hadn’t shaved, she’d be shunned. A man does this and no one bats an eyelid. Respectful men [in my book] always make the effort. As it has been said, his mother wouldn’t have stood for it, so why should the partner/wife? Vanity is very important to me and should be important to a boyfriend I have. There is no excuse to not make the effort. Being a man does not exempt him from looking stylish.

2 users liked this post:

I stand by my observation, women allow men to be scruffy. We would have their attention if we turned off the supply of _____.

Yes stem the flow so to speak and another thing why is younger guys seem to be sporting those beards that terrorists favour. I hate them but I suppose advertising is to blame as on grooming or male type adverts there is always at least one tall guy with a full Arab type beard next to the cute guy.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!