Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » Tooth Whitening: Safety Advice

Tooth Whitening: Safety Advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If you’re having your teeth whitened by your dentist, then I have a safety tip for you: ALWAYS follow the dentist’s advice accordingly. If you use too much gel at one time in your gel tray, you will get sensitive teeth and could – potentially – wreck your tooth enamel. Use only a dot of gel for each tooth in the tray.

I write this because I am using such a whitening treatment. Thankfully I am alright, but do realize the importance of following the advice properly. The gel is a harsh chemical and must be respected.

Personally I cant stand all the brighter than white teeth being flashed about … I think unless you have seriously discoloured teeth that need to be lightened to a normal shade then you should just leave the whitening alone. It looks fake.

Thankfully the dentist doesn’t want too white teeth. I am pleased with the results, though. I do see your point, cassandra: too white teeth can look fake and tacky. Normal white is the aim.

[quote quote=202286]Thankfully the dentist doesn’t want too white teeth. I am pleased with the results, though. I do see your point, cassandra: too white teeth can look fake and tacky. Normal white is the aim.

[/quote]
    OH had dentures done last year our dentist pulled out a card with teeth colours on it much as you see for nail polish and asked..’Do you want to look like a bee gee a zombie or human, ie in the middle’? He matched the colour to OHs actual teeth perfectly and looking at them now you would never guess they were false by the colour..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!