Tough Times Ahead

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 18 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a tough couple weeks, I can hardly use my right hand as the pain is so bad, I got to see an emergency doctor today and he’s booked me in for an ultrasound scan on my hand to see if it’s a ganglion cyst and if it is then I will need surgery so gotta wait for word on that but if I do need surgery then it’ll be my second.

~LD~

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Lake District.

Oh no! I hope it is not your dominant hand. We use our hands so much that it really makes things difficult when there is a problem.

Good luck with your scan. Let’s hope it is something simple that will quickly sort itself.

Awful being out of action , although ganglion removal is normally very easy and they have little chance of regrowth ..

With all these things I always think its 4-6 or 8 weeks of inconvience but then the rest of life without it so the benefits outweigh the bother.

I think the worst thing will be the waiting list they can go on forever, my mum has been waiting nearly 4 months for an ‘urgent ‘ heart exam!!

The pain is in my right hand which is the one I use to write with but even that is a huge struggle and can’t bend my wrist or nothing….

The pain is in my right hand which is the one I use to write with but even that is a huge struggle and can’t bend my wrist or nothing….

That is horrible and I feel for you . Any idea how long it will be before you get treatment? I know theres not a lot you can do to help it yourself , please dont try any of the awful old fashioned things like whacking it with a big book!!! But maybe a support bandage would help?

I don’t have any words of advice, but we’re here for you and you’re not alone in this.

I know that is awfully weak, but it’s the best I can do.

Take care, lovely.

Waiting for the ultrasound scan could take a couple months, but it sucks that I have to wait so long and the pain is pushing against the bone that sticks up and the fact that tablets don’t help nor anything else that I tried, it’s so painful that I can’t get much sleep due to the pain and if it will be surgery then it could be the only option I got and something needs to be done and I can’t use my right hand at all and it sucks. The only thing that kinda keeps my mind off it is to watch DVDs on my new 40 inch TV that I got last week…

Enjoy your DVDs Lake District and I hope to hear good news about your health in the next few months.

I’m so sorry for your pain Lake District, I hope your doctor’s able to find out what’s causing it and can get it fixed for you.  Oh dear, you really need to wait months for an ultrasound?? 🙁

Being in pain is absolutely awful, so you’ve got my sympathy. Chronic pain sucks. But enjoy your DVDs and keep online.

You’re not alone in this, but take care and I hope – as Mamie does – that your doctor is able to find out what’s caused it.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!